Dug 2 Privy's Yesterday. Some Criers.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Me & Tom got out Yesterday to dig 2 Privy's. The first privy was pretty much a dud. a common Fletchers Castoria, which I don't know what even happened to it, didn't see it in the split but could of got thrown back in the hole for all I care, I found & got enough of those. BUT, We did dig one Killer bottle in this dud hole. a Nice Tombstone slugplate Mt. Clemens Hutch. Listed but not pictured in Ron Fowlers Hutchbook.com website. So I sent Ron pic & info. LEON. HutchHole.jpgMt.ClemensHutchDirty.jpgMt.ClemensHutch.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
Privy #2 was the Crier hole. Why? We found about 6 Broken Cobalt Blue Norris Detroit Hutch Bottles. Bummer.CobaltHutch Shards2.jpgCobaltHutchShards.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
We were about to fill it in & call it done when Tom probed a upper side wall & felt something, sounded like he hit a glass bottle with probe, So we said hmmmm, Lets see what that is. Ends up a ketchup bottle, False alarm. But we probe or dig again & hit another bottle. This time we see writing on it & pull it out & see it's a blob top beer, Good sign. Ends up it's1stKlinginGround.jpg a P.H. Kling from Detroit with the "Pure & free of Drugs or Poison" Statement. LEON.1srKlinginHand.jpg1stKlingCloseup.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I probe straight down from undug surface nearby, at only 6 inches I hit something & hear a ting ting, I say Tom we got another one. He digs his hole my way & sure enough another Kling & under that one another & another & another, a whole little Pit full of Buried Blob Tops. Quarts & Pints. We got excited when we dug a Mt. Clemens amber Quart Blob. We then hit about 7 or 8 more amber Quarts. But Unfortunately these were all Slicks, Just a blank Slugplate that probably had a paper label at one time that long disintergrated.AmberKling.jpgAnother3BlobsinDirt.jpg3BlobsinDirt.jpg

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Only pic of 2nd privy hole with Tom in it. Heres some of the bottles scattered in a group. Tom hid some of the better ones under the leaves to keep the sun off them. LEON.Bottle Group.jpgBottleGroup2.jpgHutchHole2.jpg

Last edited:

sunrunner

Reaction score
man. when you guys hit it . you make out. ya'll should make a video.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Great stuff! I dug two privies last weekend as well but you had much better luck than I did! Happy digging!

peejrey

Reaction score
Nice dig!
I gotta admit I envy the soil you guys dig through, Tennessee clay is horrid on glass.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi