Insulator Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Hello, I found a nice aqua colored insulator today while geocaching along a bike trail today. There were several old telegraph poles in the woods running along side the trail, and we found this really nice looking insulator at the base of one of the poles. It's got some light damage, but not too bad considering how old it probably is.

The only markings anywhere on it is an embossed capital A on the top. I now it's not super old or valuable, but can anyone tell me roughly how old it is and who may have made it??

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Ins 1.jpg
    Ins 1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Ins 2.jpg
    Ins 2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Ins 3.jpg
    Ins 3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 294

botlguy

Reaction score
What you have is probably / perhaps a CD 145 No Name [035] Brookfield style. I've looked through my insulator Price Guide & identifier and that's as close as I can come. The only other suggestion is to search for additional embossing very carefully. If it is what I think it is it "books" for $15 - $20.
Jim

botlguy

Reaction score
What you have is probably / perhaps a CD 145 No Name [035] Brookfield style. I've looked through my insulator Price Guide & identifier and that's as close as I can come. The only other suggestion is to search for additional embossing very carefully. If it is what I think it is it "books" for $15 - $20.
Jim
I'm not good at remembering the age of these things but it's 100 years old or more I'm sure.
Jim

BillinMo

Reaction score
This type is probably from the 1904-1920ish period.

I've had a number of these that are embossed with a B on the skirt but it's very faint and hard to read. I'm wondering if that might be what you have?

treasurekidd

Reaction score
Well, after careful examination, there is no B embossed anywhere on this. I'll just be content to call it a no name. Thanks for the info everyone!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Almost certainly a Brookfield. I've found many pieces by them without anything legible on the insulator.
These look nice in sunny windows or atop fence poles.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi