Thread: Insulator Find

Senior Member Bottle Master

Insulator Find

Hello, I found a nice aqua colored insulator today while geocaching along a bike trail today. There were several old telegraph poles in the woods running along side the trail, and we found this really nice looking insulator at the base of one of the poles. It's got some light damage, but not too bad considering how old it probably is.

The only markings anywhere on it is an embossed capital A on the top. I now it's not super old or valuable, but can anyone tell me roughly how old it is and who may have made it??

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ins 1.jpg   Ins 2.jpg   Ins 3.jpg  

What you have is probably / perhaps a CD 145 No Name [035] Brookfield style. I've looked through my insulator Price Guide & identifier and that's as close as I can come. The only other suggestion is to search for additional embossing very carefully. If it is what I think it is it "books" for $15 - $20.
    Jim
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

Thank you botlguy! Any thoughts as to how old it may be? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by botlguy View Post
    What you have is probably / perhaps a CD 145 No Name [035] Brookfield style. I've looked through my insulator Price Guide & identifier and that's as close as I can come. The only other suggestion is to search for additional embossing very carefully. If it is what I think it is it "books" for $15 - $20.
    Jim
    I'm not good at remembering the age of these things but it's 100 years old or more I'm sure.
    Jim
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

This type is probably from the 1904-1920ish period.

I've had a number of these that are embossed with a B on the skirt but it's very faint and hard to read. I'm wondering if that might be what you have?

Well, after careful examination, there is no B embossed anywhere on this. I'll just be content to call it a no name. Thanks for the info everyone!

Senior Member Bottle Master Spirit Bear's Avatar
    Almost certainly a Brookfield. I've found many pieces by them without anything legible on the insulator.
    These look nice in sunny windows or atop fence poles.
    Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.