New Orleans Gonorrhea Cure Crate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
Picked this up the past weekend and thought it was pretty cool! Seems that most advertising for this type of medicine didn't survive...I guess people didn't reuse these crates to put stuff in (for obvious reasons, I guess). The top shows that it was sent to West Point, Texas...according to the person I bought it from, it was full of bottles when found but her husband gave them all away to his buddies. Wish I had one to go with the box but oh well...I have seen the bottles from time to time (albeit without labels).

Attachments

• IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 141

nhpharm

Reaction score
I really appreciate the comments from iggyworf and sandchip! The forum sure has changed over the years...appears it is now a land of lurkers. 92 views and 2 comments. I posted about a milk bottle a while back...855 views, one comment (months after I posted it), and that was it. There are really just a handful of people keeping this forum alive (I'll admit that I'm probably not one of them).

sandchip

Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean. I always just thought I was a threadkiller. A like button might help out for those that won't take the time to type something.

nhpharm

Reaction score
That's very cool! I wonder if this was after they got hammered by the government for false claims on the Gonorrhea cure as it seems to be skirting that issue.

whittled

Reaction score
This is from "The Era Druggist" 1911. Maybe you can trace to address. 1914 was the same.

NEW ORLEANS
Aarons, Augustus, 545 Magazine-Mfr. Vet.
Remedies.
Acme Chemical Mfg. Co. (Ltd.), 738
Tchoupitoulas-Mfrs. Prop. Meds.

Adams, Chas. H.. 329 Tchoupitoulas-Mfr.
& Im . Spices. etc.
Alexan er Co. The M. Н., 741 Water
Mrrs. Roca andy Syrup.
American Paint Works, 654 S. Water

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I really appreciate the comments from iggyworf and sandchip! The forum sure has changed over the years...appears it is now a land of lurkers. 92 views and 2 comments. I posted about a milk bottle a while back...855 views, one comment (months after I posted it), and that was it. There are really just a handful of people keeping this forum alive (I'll admit that I'm probably not one of them).

A lot of the old stalwarts from the past have migrated to the groups on facebook. It's a darned shame in my opinion. I don't find those groups as accessible, particularly to people who are bringing new stuff in and asking questions. But we've lost some good people to FB like Jeff Noordsy and Matt of patent medicine fame.

I prefer the format over here, although I tend to lurk a bit more than I used to. ACL sodas and ABM bottles aren't really my thing. I like the older glass and I collect inks, so it's definitely slower here for stuff I prefer. But still a lot of new and interesting stuff comes through the door here.

Jim G

P.S. I LOVE the gonorrhea cure box. That one is great. Fascinating that someone saved it.

Last edited:

iggyworf

Reaction score
I like this site way better. I actually despise face(feces)book. I do wish more bottle people would post on this site.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora