Bottle I.D. Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tmmc

Reaction score
Recently, while working as a site steward, at a Forest Service heritage site I came across a bottle upside down encased in concrete at a historical farmstead near Wilmington, Il. Being located a heritage site, I cannot dig it out. Part of the bottom of the bottle is visible. I realize the photos aren't very clear, but remember the bottle is upside down encased in concrete. Pretty cool!
I attached a couple of photos(very difficult to get) and the printing seems to say: Amboy, then a star, then Form****. I'm guessing maybe it says Forman?
It would be very interesting to know the origin of the bottle as it applies to the possible of movement of early homestead owners/inhabitants. The farmstead was originally inhabited in the mid to late nineteenth century, although I doubt that it is from that period.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Attachments

• DSCN5422.jpg
    DSCN5422.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCN5423enhanced.jpg
    DSCN5423enhanced.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 89

RCO

Reaction score
I have no idea what it was originally and doubt you'd ever get it out of there . if someone has seen a similar bottle it might be possible to id what it was

tmmc

Reaction score
I have no idea what it was originally and doubt you'd ever get it out of there . if someone has seen a similar bottle it might be possible to id what it was

Not only will I never get it out, I am not even allowed to move it or turn it over and see what's on the other side. Its killing me!
Thanks for the response.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like an early 20th century soda bottle, probably just a little piece of one. Could maybe be from Amboy, Illinois.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1