New Art Deco Orange Crush Test Issue Wow! Bold X

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I found a nice town marked Whistle last year, but the newest is unmarked, however lightning strikes twice, in that the newly discovered Cherry Blossoms is super scarce, it's from Dr. Pepper country in Dyersburg Tn. Home of the local Distributor. Orange Crush bottled a few flavor brands, in the Circle in a square design bottle , but lasts years finds , were marked JOY and Rainbow,, which used several art deco type bottles in west Tn. Funny how Orange Crush only embossed the logo in one small circle near the heel.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Great finds!...That OC bottle is in the guide,....the author claims such bottles were created for the actual drink 'Orange Crush'...., I don't agree with that at all because at the time these bottles were used the Krinkly bottle was well established, so why would a bottler try to sell OC in a bottle that the public was not familiar with? I believe these were flavor bottles for other products that that specific company sold. There are many of these types of bottles marked OC, OCBW, Portland Orange Crush, Orange Crush bottling Co....and so on, almost all are marked with a city. And then there is probably several dozen ones as well in various shades of green.
I'm sure some of them at some point may have held Orange Crush, especially earlier SS bottles, but as for the most part I can't see the advantage for a bottler to use them for OC when all the national advertising focused on the Krinkly....in addition these bottles are not found in newsprint advertising.
Well that's my 2¢

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Well ,thanks, Canadacan, that's 2 cents worth well spent! The bottle probably was a OC flavor bottle for the Memphis market, rare one, too , I've dug Memphis since the 1970's , and I don't remember another one. I think the green big X type were a Canadian thing, although this one from Atlanta, GA , illustrates the rarity of green OC bottle in the US http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920-Orange...429677?hash=item3f75ed5cad:g:6O0AAOSwWxNYqM04 . The two bottles shown above, aka circle in a square type were also OC flavor bottles , the Rainbow was a grape flavor and the Joy was a lemon-lime or Mountain Dew knock off, would be great to find original tops for these three.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Oh those green Krinkly quarts are awesome!....Canada never had those green ones,..only the latter brown bottle with the ACL. I sure would love to do some digging!...nothing more exciting than pulling out stuff like you did!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi