Orange Crush with tooled top whittled neck.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I got a prohibition Krueger's Special & it was from Krueger brewing co so I'm surprised no law suite from some kind of copywrite infringement, ect, ect. LEON.
kruegerspecialbottle.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Cool stuff there Bob!....I see you corrected the info on 'Crushy'.. 1927 ;) The story was similar for Frank-Nevin if you remember early adds depicted paper label and by 1926 was the clear krinkly.

SODABOB

Reaction score
We may never if the straight-sided bottles were used for a single year or numerous years. The only thing I'm confident about is that whatever they were used for surely required a paper label and a corresponding bottle cap. The following is an alphabetical list of the brands that the Binghampton Orange Crush Bottling Company either bottled or distributed between 1920 and 1935. The most confusing part is determining which brands they actually bottled versus the brands they distributed. The distributed brands were likely shipped in from various parent companies and then delivered to local retailers by the Binghampton Orange Crush bottling Company. Some of these brands had their own patented bottles.

Billy Baxter Ginger Ale
Buckeye Root Beer
Cherry Blossoms
Hires Root Beer
Krueger's Special
Lime Rickey
Knight Klub Ginger Ale
Old Colony Ginger Ale
Orange Crush
Purity Brand
Saratoga Vichy
Tuxedo Ginger Ale
Virgina Dare Ginger Ale

Note: If anyone ever finds a paper label for any of these brands that's on a straight-sided Orange Crush bottle from Binghampton or elsewhere, please share it with us.

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
Follow Up ...

Even though I haven't found a Binghamton "Crinkly" bottle from 1921 yet, I'm still hopeful of eventually finding one.

Here's why ...

1. Every Binghampton advertisement I can find (that depicts an image of a bottle) prior to April of 1921 shows a paper label bottle.

2. The earliest image of a "Crinkly" bottle I can find for Binghamton is from April of 1921.

3. Notice in this Binghamton ad where it says ...

"All the "Crushes" - Orange, Lemon and Lime - are sold in the patented "crinkly" bottle ..."

From ...

The Binghamton Press ~ Binghamton, New York ~ June 30, 1921

Orange Crush Binghamton June 30 1921.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
Regarding the other brands that the Binghamton Orange Crush Company bottled/distributed ...

This is the actual page from a link I posted earlier. Notice where it says ...

"...,in their plant,..."

The way its worded it sounds as if the brands mentioned were actually bottled there and not just distributed. ???

From ...

New York Hotel Review - A Magazine - March 4, 1922

Orange Crush Binghamton Hotel Review March 4, 1922 (2).jpg

Orange Crush Binghamton Hotel Review March 4, 1922.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
For Future Reference ...

As it turns out, the Oneonta, New York Orange Crush bottling plant was a branch operation of the Binghamton Orange Crush Bottling Company. Which explains why they used a straight-sided bottle that is identical to the Binghamton straight-sided bottle, except that each of the bottles is embossed on the heel with their perspective locations.

The Oneonta Star ~ Oneonta, New York ~ August 10, 1920

Orange Crush Oneonta Star August 10, 1920.jpg

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
Late to the Crush conversation. I have some pics of 6 oz Ward's Crush applied top bottle from the UK.
It sold in august 2014. The bottom says W G B Co. Archer Wellingborough. It also has an "N" on it. Don't know if it's a date code or not.
Another one sold in 2013 and said W G B Co. Rodwell Tring on the bottom.

2.jpg 1.jpg

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I found some ads in my Crush files. 1920. It says send for free book: The Story of Orange Crush.
1920 Wards Crush ad.jpg

SODABOB

Reaction score
McGlass

Thanks for the info.

I came across the W.G.B. Co. Rodwell Tring bottle earlier and discovered that ...

1. Rodwell = W.J. Rodwell (Proprietor)

of ...

2. Tring = Tring, England (Town)

I don't know what "W.G.B. Co." stands for, but do know that European bottles often had 'applied' finishes.

I have looked everywhere but have not been able to find a copy of "The Story of Orange Crush" book.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum