Feigenson Bros slug plates

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I just picked up this 24oz. Feigenson Brothers bottle. That was the name of Faygo in Detroit before they changed in 1920 or so. I haven't seen a lot of these big slug plate bottles, let alone a local gem like this.
Leon, have you seen many of these big boys? I think you had a Hutchinson Feigenson bottle. The ones with Registered in them are from 1909. Later 1909 and beyond if they have the contents on the heel too. The one without registered is 1908.

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
All 3 of those are nice bottles. I have a few extra's of the big one & smaller ones. not sure if my smaller ones have the registered or not. Any bottle with contents would be around 1912 or 13 & later. Not sure when they had the registered. LEON.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I guess the ones with no 'registered' also say "Bottle not to be sold" on the base.
As for the dating, I found in the archives here how someone got the info from someone who worked there as a teen.
Thanks.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Love those Faygo's! Nice score. I have a good amount of Faygo's but not those 3.

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I just think the big one is special. I've looked at a lot of antique and flea markets and I just haven't seen a lot of 24 oz slug plate bottles. Of any kind.
Tons of Vernor's, but they really aren't slug plate bottles, to me anyway. But I figure you should know, Leon, you've dug more than I've ever seen, right? You've dug more CANS than I've ever seen.
You have a few of these 24oz Fiegenson slugs for sure?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1