Bottle Book Questions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kiwala10

Reaction score
I am looking to buy an Ayers Pepsi guide, but I can't decide which one to get (Volume 1 or Volume 2). Is this book similar to Bill Porter's Coke book in layout and presentation? I am also looking for different books that may list different Illinois or Missouri milk bottles and values. Thanks guys.

jblaylock

Reaction score
Ayer's Guide Vol 1 is almost all embossed City Bottles. Vol 2 has some newer returnable bottles, Pepsi flavor bottles (Diet, Patio, Teem), and it also touches on Mountain Dew.

Kiwala10

Reaction score
Ok cool, so it's the Vol 1 guide for me! Also, were there any embossed or straight side Pepsi bottles from Missouri or Illinois in general? Can't seem to find any information about it. Thanks

iggyworf

Reaction score
I have both vol's. The 2nd one also has a lot of early bottles. Both are worth having for a Pepsi collector. I can't think of any from those two states of the top of my head but possibly.

Kiwala10

Reaction score
I have mainly been collecting early coke bottles. I guess Pepsi didn't have near the presence that Coca-Cola did when it comes to bottling plants in many different states.

bottle-o-pop

Reaction score
Kiwala10, I have both Ayers' Volume 1 and Volume 2. Like you, I wondered which one to get because the descriptions are unclear to me. I ended up getting Volume 2 first, but soon noticed some ebay sellers referencing Ayers numbers that had to be in Volume 1. So I bought Volume 1 as well, and am glad I did. There's not a major conceptual difference between the kinds of things in the two books, but Volume 2 has more of the same kind of thing without duplication, so Volume 2 is in no way a re-hash of Volume 1; it goes on to show more bottles that are not in Volume 1. For a very simplistic view, for a general type of Pepsi bottle, Volume 1 will have photos of types BC1, BC2, BC3, and BC4, while Volume 2 will have none of those, but will have other ones; BC5, BC6, BC7, BC8, and BC9. So, it's good to get both volumes!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown