Bottle #2/#3 - need help dating them

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cDemsky

Reaction score
I got these two with 2 others from an antique store. Both appear to be machine made dating them after the 1900's. The bigger one, lets call this bottle A, I feel like it's older because it has almost a "swirl" imperfection built into the glass, it feels thicker, has more imperfections built into the glass (like bubbles), and its not as clear as the other one. Now correct me if I'm wrong but it took people awhile learn how to not make "cloudy" glass. Bottle A was roughly 4 inches from base to shoulders, 3/4 of an inch from shoulder to neck, 1 inch from base of neck up, and about 2 and a quarter from shoulder to shoulder, and one inch wide base. It is leveled off at the top and seems to have a smaller opening in comparison to the size of the lip. The back is flat and the front is slightly rounded off (or the back could be the front because of the outline of embossing it has on it). This bottle, maayyybe it might be from before the 20s but after the 1900s...?
Bottle B is rather plain in comparison to A. It has no embossing, no scars or bubbles. It is also machine made (after 1900's) and besides the fact that it is kind of scuffed and dirty it is fairly clear. Its base to shoulders is about 3 inches, shoulder to shoulder roughly 2.5, shoulder to neck .5 inch, neck up is almost an inch but not quite. the bottles base is 2 inches wide. I'm thinking this bottle is from the 20s or after?

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0744.jpg
    IMG_0744.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 220

sandchip

Reaction score
Hard to tell, but they both appear to be tooled top (hand blown) and would date around 1900. More than likely drug/medicine bottles. The cloudiness is a result of years of exposure to moisture, chemicals and minerals in the soil.

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
What was the name of the white perfume bottle eBay seen plenty but not clear they are painted now white dang emblems same go eBay perfumes toiletries they have a three word name with city or state includes body spray a toiletry bottle dam I have one lids are lastic.new York if I remember right never seen a. Clear one tho it's got Age I'm saying 1920

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94