just me or does it seems rather quiet so far this year ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
my weekend was also a washout , I didn't get to do anything which is odd for me . normally I'd be all over the place but this weekend , weather was absoloutely horrible here . rainy and cold , is normally a huge community yard sale first Saturday in may in a smaller nearby town. but this year it was mostly rained out and only a few people even set up , even the vendors who set up indoors in a seniors centre and church had nothing of interest at all .

weather here has been very inconsistent so far this year , seem to get a few nice days , then get a few horrible days , this week appears to be nicer so should try and get out somewhere

JustGlass

Reaction score
I think when the format of this web site changed was a big down fall. Seem to lose a lot of bottle people and it's really never been the same since. I guess some people don't like change. Just my opinion. I admit that when I don't see many new daily post I tend to wander. Still this is the site that gave me much knowledge in the bottle field and I'm very thankful. I tend to wander but still view and will always like this site.

RCO

Reaction score
I found where one of our former members went to , was searching for info on a bottle design and saw there is a " New Jersey bottle forum " which " epackage " seems to have moved to . I remember he always used to post about bottles from Patterson NJ

https://njbottles.com/index.php

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh I always wondered where Epackage had gone to, used to see him around here all the time.

I haven't been out at all yet this year, maybe tomorrow I'll go check out a large dumpsite I just learned about, not sure if it's diggable, I wanted to wait until the leaves were dense enough that I wasn't visible from the road and nearby apartments. We've got the Great Glebe Garage Sale coming up in a week and a half, RCO if you're able to make it to Ottawa I'd definitely recommend you check it out, it's better than some antique sales! Not fantastic for bottles although I did pick up an embossed local milk with the matching lid there a year or two back, and some insulators last year, but great for other antiques. I got an advertising sign for two bucks last year!

Gunsmoke

Reaction score
I agree a lot with what Jim says in the fact that there are many other venues out there for bottle talk, (social media). I also believe a lot of the old posters (myself included) have simply gotten older. In spite of what my profile says, I have been a member since 2003. Had many posts under my former user name Gunsmoke47. I flat can't dig anymore due to my back and I suspect many of the others are the same to some degree. I live vicariously now through what I can buy and what other people dig and find, but it's not the same as sharing stories and posting pictures of what has been found by your own hands. I only hope the younger class of diggers/collectors will continue to post and share pictures so this old man can continue to remember the good old days! lol! Kelley

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
RCO, I thought the same thing. Like others said, the format change seemed to coincide with many of the "old guard" disappearing (Sick Rick, Joe the Crow, etc.) but I've seen a few posts by Rick after that. Still, ABN is an invaluable site with many great posters on here which I love reading. I know I don't do nearly as much digging nowadays like I did years ago, not so much for health or age reasons, but I just can't find good dumps anymore. So I read about everyone elses adventures on here.

stephengray

Reaction score
I had left the forum for quite a while, not because of any of the sites on FB, but because the job I got was very time consuming and just didn't have the time (or energy) to post anything. I did every once a while but it was a long dry stretch.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It picked up quite a bit in the summer, with some great bottles posted by a woman cleaning up a family estate. And it's awesome to see Stephengray back on here. I'm enjoying some of my time on a couple of the facebook groups, but I don't think any of them are as accessible as this forum, and I think the format is better here too. More conducive to actual conversation rather than the typical FB soundbites.

Jim G

botlguy

Reaction score
I agree with the other Jim, no wait, I'M the other Jim, that FaceBook is far less interesting than this forum. Perhaps a bit more sophisticated in the QUALITY of bottles but I prefer my buddies here.
Jim S (the OTHER Jim)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora