Todays Privy Dig. Sunday May 7th 2017.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Me & Tom got out to dig some more Privies today. Probed out some crunchy spots but they were small & shallow, so we just did some test holes. first holes looked like a dud with some 1930's screw tops, ketchup bottles & other worthless condiments. SO, Tom gives up on the hole & goes off to probe some better stuff. me being persistant I keep digging this dud. I did end up digging 2 cool embossed druggist bottles & Lash's Bitters which surprised Tom. Meanwhile Tom is digging a new spot next to me. He pulls out 2 Mrs Winslows. Meanwhile I started digging a new hole on other side of him. do a test hole & hit some stuff. But it kind of peters out being pretty much a dud. Tom fills his hole in & I'm about to fill mine in when I probe the walls one last time. In one back corner I feel some stuff. I start digging in back corner & hit a bottle, ends up being a blown tooled crown top Hires from possibly late 1890's. It's a tall skinny bottle. Then I hit another tall skinny bottle but a blob top. I figure just another Hires but the early to mid 1890's blob version. NO, This one is the tall skinny Mitchells Hutch from Detroit. Cool. Then I hit another Hutch. A killer Mt. Clemens hutch. By now I'm going under the Fence of Neighbors yard & got a huge overhang of dirt & can't reach back any farther & I think I'm just starting to hit MeHolding2Hutches.jpg the good stuff. But had to give up. Luckily the neighbor gave us permission to dig his back yard a few weeks ago so might have to re hit this one from other side of the fence. LEON.GroupShot.jpgLashsBitters.JPG

DanielinAk

Reaction score
Dude. What sweet bottles. You gotta go back soon. Sweet finds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
Forgot this bottle. I was told it was a tough one but it has a broken top. LEON.

HuntingtonPortHuron.jpgHuntingtonPortHuron2.JPG

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice finds! I really like that Mitchell's bottle, never seen anything quite like it. Detroit has some really nice bottles. Real shame about that Port Huron bottle. I'd still keep it until I found a better example though!

sandchip

Reaction score
Good stuff, Leon! Thanks for sharing 'em with us.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Love that Hutch...tombstone slug but round slug layout!

hemihampton

Reaction score
2Hutches.jpg
Love that Hutch...tombstone slug but round slug layout!

Odd, I never noticed that before but your right, more like a round slug plate with the lettering/wording in a circle but in a tombstone (or horseshoe) slugplate. Thanks for pointing that out. LEON.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Cool finds! That Mt Clemens is a winner. Thx for posting pix.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora