black glass wine bottle, missing the top, wondering how old or anything else.

Found this bottle, it's a little larger than a modern typical beer bottle. It's very dark, has no seams that I can see, has some what I'll call turning marks? - faint horizontal lines. The base also has no seams and it looks like someone 'crossed out' whatever was on it? Thanks! Oh and unfortunately the top is missing, that's just how I found it :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170513_221344.jpg   20170513_221349.jpg   20170513_221356.jpg   20170513_221434.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    looks like 1900s turn moiled.

Big age range on these things. Say 1880 to maybe as late as 1920. hard to tell more.

Jim G

Looks like an English ale bottle, and the dates listed are correct. Hard to know more without the top, but I'm guessing it dates more to the early 20th century than the 1880's. Those bottles are incredibly common unfortunately, I used to find them everywhere when I lived on Vancouver Island. They must have shipped massive quantities out there around the turn of the century. Some of them that have the labels intact are very collectible though.

thanks everyone!

Anyone know what that bottom mark is caused by? Is that part of the process or did the mold someone get blurred before the glass cooled? Or...??

I'm not sure what that is, I think it's just some flaw from the manufacturing process. Never seen anything quite like it. I don't think it signifies anything.