Todays Loaded Privy Dig. 5-14-17.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
That little pottery item is Beef Extract from Brussels. The strange little bottle is a cruet.

Attachments

• 657_004.jpg
    657_004.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 206

Harry Pristis

Reaction score

That is a varied trove of bottles. The milk glass bear appears to be sitting on a bee hive with another hive on its belly. That suggests this object was associated with honey -- a stopper, a handle for a dauber, etc.

The bottle with the constricted base and double pour-spout is a cruet from a caster set: casters.jpg

The ceramic pot with the cow is a beef extract (meat paste) container.

botlguy

Reaction score
Thank you Leon for your post(s). I dug the heck out of Orange County, California back in the 1960s but little since and seeing your pictures right here on A-B.N, not having to go elsewhere, is a real treat for me. Keep 'em coming my man.
Jim S.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the helpful information. Much Appreciated. Yeah, Spirit Bear, Your the 1st person I thought of when I realized it was a Bear. I figured you'd like. LEON.

P.S. I can't see the Facebook Video. Can every body else see it?

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Great finds! The bottle with the glass stopper is a cruet that was meant to sit in a caddy. I found one similar... mine likely once had a brass cap (not recovered).
Etched glass bottle 2.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yours has a similar shape. Mine did not have a glass stopper. it looks like mine poured from both or either side. LEON.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Yours has a similar shape. Mine did not have a glass stopper. it looks like mine poured from both or either side. LEON.
Ah, I see. Mistook the dual spout for a stopper. Definitely a cruet tho. Nice finds!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi