U. S. B. F. Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whittled

Reaction score
Sun Runner, NH Pharm, thank you for commenting; but, I'm not sure why a government department would have its own bottle, and I'm not sure it would be suitable to sample water or figure out currents.
My guess as the Foundation, but I cannot in my research find any bottles from any event they had.
U.S.A. Hosp Dept” come to mind Bear but even that's unclear.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'm glad you're into the notches as well. They seem unnecessary, but they must have had a function with at least transport or manufacture.
I guess it is a 'drift bottle', which makes it really cool in my opinion. An old old one, though? Not sure why they were made just for them, rather than reusing bottles tossed out elsewhere?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm glad you're into the notches as well. They seem unnecessary, but they must have had a function with at least transport or manufacture.
I guess it is a 'drift bottle', which makes it really cool in my opinion. An old old one, though? Not sure why they were made just for them, rather than reusing bottles tossed out elsewhere?

Yeah I'm definitely not convinced that's what it is yet, I just can't think of anything better. Because like you said, there isn't really much of a reason for them to not use bottles that had been tossed out. And there isn't any clear function for the notches.

The notches seem to imply that it needed to either be in a stationary position at some point or it had something attached to it. Hypothetically, one potential reason for them would be if the bottle was clad in metal and needed to have an opening that stayed in the same place to display the embossing. Though I can't imagine what use that would be.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It will just remain mysterious, I guess. Some things are truly lost to history, however recent the history may have been.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi