found a small 50's era dump today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
That one's really cool! I've never heard of Steinie before. There aren't any makers marks on it? I'm wondering if Steinie may have been some sort of franchise as well as a bottle size, I've never seen anything quite like it before. Looks like Macdonald's also had an amber version without the word "Steinie" on it http://northbayhistory.homestead.com/Beverage/_R153_-_Macdonald_s_Beverages__front_.JPG

I don't know exactly what " steinie " was , seems to be a style of bottle mostly used for beer but also some pop like Root Beer . the makers mark on my bottle is too thin to read although seen another that seems to have been made by Consumers glass according to bottom

other than that guys site I can't recall seeing an amber one in person before , haven't really seen that many of the steinie for sale before . other macdonalds bottles you see all the time but not this one

I also can't recall if the guy at bottle show with northern Ontario bottles had one for sale , I asked him about north bay bottles and he told me some of his sold almost immediately once show opened so didn't get to see them or exactly sure what ones he had

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
went digging this morning before it got really warm here . the dump is a bit bigger than I first realised and a couple smaller areas where it appears someone dumped things

found a lot of ketchup bottles , including an odd shaped one barely visible in pictures , many rusty oil cans , some jars and smaller bottles . found part of a broken milk jug but no names on it .

and a wide mix of broken pop bottles including , Canada dry , Stubby , coca cola , pepsi cola , crush , Kist , Browns beverages , macdonalds North Bay and a green beer bottle.

View attachment 178330
CB: "Your pictures don't seem to be working, I'm curious to see the North Bay bottle."

That may explain it but what do I know from nothing.

RCO

Reaction score
I want to go back now that chaotic long weekend is over , but worried bugs will be too bad to stay long . I was down that road yesterday and black flies were crazy , if I find anything i'll post it

when I drove by and looked at the area again , I could understand why I never previously though to check for a dump site back there . its simply so overgrown and likely looked a lot different when dumping took place , likely smaller and less trees and more grassey areas would of been nearby

RCO

Reaction score
went back the bugs are out but I didn't really notice them that much , had to quit digging cause my feet got sore

didn't really find any bottles of interest , dig find a coca cola and a pepsi ndnr , as well as a larger javex bottle , all kinds of ketchup/sauce ? ( haven't seen that shape before ) and a screw top medicine bottle

and another hub cap , this one for GMC

20170524_135916.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
not really into cars much so not sure what year this hub cap is from or even type of vehicle it was for ? truck ? or car

I looked around google and ebay and couldn't find one exactly the same , since it was upside down , the back is very rusty but front cleaned up well

20170524_140611.jpg20170524_140620.jpg

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
Hubcap is late 40s to early 50s Truck. Love that steinie bottle.

that would make sense , was thinking it might be a bit older than the trash in the dump ( as dump seems to be late 50's till 60's ) . as being a rural dump likely used by a farmer or small town person . its likely they didn't buy a new truck every year and kept it for some time

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
I got. A good buyer he pays well any oil gas or petroleum especially Phillips petroleum bartlesville ok bottles I sold him a Andy granatelli oil additive can for 150 pays hi dollar oil cans even with holes and rust he's rich and mobile oil and gas museum Iowa i think cool collection any old glass tops any pumps gas station pays 4000 and higher for glass gas globes he makes old pumps into the coolest fish aquariums. In globes sells them high dollar well over 10 grand Rick trotnics iron and metal salvage co yea he don't fool around watch it tho kinda bigheaded I had to put in back a few. Notches a few times like the old husky 12 horse gas engine on a frame for to be used barn fires I had people fighting just to get that husky motor 5000 easy they raced and begged me don't sell I'm in my jet flying to bartlesville Oklahoma home of Phillips petroleum yea alot corktops out in Oklahoma to easy to find wasn't a corktops I jus tossed it snuff bottles galore just find out where the older towns were outside like where I lived pawhuska Okla oilfield was so big there during Frank Phillips first well Pershing Okla 2 miles from my house lol town. Was a tent City 9 banks now just 12 streets 1quarter mmile long I store inothing else now unless your with me I'm back home Ohio now found oldest bottles ever found old Erie canal lol fell into them waist deep off Erie canal or now knock a nick Creek Ohio historical society now has bottles so old they said could have been brought over by Mayflower lol sold me peanut 1 inch bottle planters peanut man oil bottle planters paid dearly I gave it to my mom told Mom cash in mom planterssaid thank you Kenny korky Kenny that is Wendel Odell the digger he has wrote books on. Bottles yes bartlesville Okla to seeya

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
Little short pop bottles I forget name bartlesville Oklahoma sell high dollar amount what kind I forget. Came in 6 packs to 100 a piece Cathy's gift shop maybe dead now alot shops bvile Okla pay high dollar for them little shorter than most pop bottles dang I forget name sell. Them in bartlesville Okla good money coke snuff hand blown to Levi garrets snuff browns 500 all day long contact me I know alot of buyers and I locTed hard finds for them to all rich in bartlesville Phillips Conoco there

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora