Dr.J C Bogue bottle with no coca cola inscription

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Donald Dacon

Reaction score
My drink bottle is embossed with the following on one side:
Dr. J. C. Bogue
Sherman Texas
Registered

the other side says:
this bottle
not to be resold

the bottom says:
Sherman

There are many bottles with the same inscriptions plus the Coca Cola advertisement on the web but i have not seen one like this. any ideas about it? i was born and raised in sherman in the 30's & 40's but have not heard about Dr. Bogue before reading some of his bottle history. I also wonder if this bottle is rare or not? (see attached)
IMG_2457.jpgView attachment 178379IMG_2453.jpgIMG_2451.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 130

nhpharm

Reaction score
That's a cool bottle...I've seen plenty with the Coca-Cola embossing as you note but this is the first I have seen without it. Probably pretty tough to find.

Donald Dacon

Reaction score
thanks for the help. do you possibly think that this bottle was a show or demonstrator bottle Dr. Bogue might have taken with him when he was trying to get the manufacturers to upgrade their safety procedures?

nhpharm

Reaction score
I don't think so. The bottle shows standard case wear so was used for a fairly long time. He probably sold a non Coca-Cola product in it.

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
Ever seen a square sided coke bottle lol I kicked one to woods edgeline till I realized whoops lol 1909 0r1919 bottle not sure. Don't collect coke I do snuff hand blown only medical tools and the ones I can't figure what the heck it is still Dr kits eye ball placements. ECT ECT took me forever to figure glass eye placement tool lol

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora