Orillia Dairy company Half Pint Milk bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
a yard sale find from the weekend , didn't really see a lot of bottles but did find some neat books

this little milk bottle I picked up for $5 , they had wanted $10 for it but I managed to get it for less .

don't really know much about it , from Orillia Ontario , for the Orillia Dairy Company . it has a 30's or 40's look to me but not sure on its exact year of use .

also not sure why the " 28 " is embossed on front , bottom has O.D.C and a dominion marking

P5230001.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
forgot to mention , the seller also had another milk bottle but it was from Vermont , not sure how it got up here . didn't buy it though as I knew too little about it and can't recall what town in Vermont it was from

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of Vermont milk bottles in Ontario. I haven't got the faintest idea why but they seem to make their way up here a lot. That or a big Vermont collection was sold off here and dispersed throughout the country.

It definitely looks very 1930's to me, though it's also possible that it's from 1928 and that it's got a date code in the slug plate. Never seen a number like that in a slug plate before.

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of Vermont milk bottles in Ontario. I haven't got the faintest idea why but they seem to make their way up here a lot. That or a big Vermont collection was sold off here and dispersed throughout the country.

It definitely looks very 1930's to me, though it's also possible that it's from 1928 and that it's got a date code in the slug plate. Never seen a number like that in a slug plate before.

there is a lot of dairy bottles from Orillia so I'm not that familiar with it or sure of its age . but it does look to be fairly old . I'm not sure how late the Orillia dairy lasted

whittled

Reaction score
All hypothetical but maybe they wanted there own dates for they're records since Dominion wasn't well known to do it themselves. The ebay was maybe a year earlier or something.
How prolific was the dairy?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi