The Queen Mary pictorial souvenir booklet

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another interesting find from the weekend yard sales was this booklet for the ocean liner the " queen mary " . found it in a box of books at a yard sale , they also had a couple local history books I wanted so I offered them $5 for the pile and they gladly accepted , afterwords I though maybe I offered too much and $2 might of been enough

I don't really know much about it or the queen mary , it appears to be pre war and from 1930's , is no date in the book , although magazine ads on back have dates of June 1936 . in really good condition and no writing in book or missing pages . I searched around google and ebay and couldn't find anything exactly the same .

P5240001.jpgP5240002.jpgP5240003.jpgP5240004.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I did some more searching around google and did find some information

a blog post about the ship says it was sold on board as a souvenir

Pictorial Souvenir book that could be bought on board during her in-service days. Lately The Hotel Queen Mary started making reproductions of this book. I think that was a great idea.

https://thequeenmarytakesme.wordpress.com/page/7/

nhpharm

Reaction score
That is a great book and a great find! I've seen them before and I think fair market is more like $10-20 USD...as you can see the one on eBay hasn't sold. There are a number of them in varying conditions on www.abe.com for less than $10 (a great site, by the way).

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
That is a great book and a great find! I've seen them before and I think fair market is more like $10-20 USD...as you can see the one on eBay hasn't sold. There are a number of them in varying conditions on www.abe.com for less than $10 (a great site, by the way).

never saw any others listed but didn't look around that much , I agree the one on ebay is way overpriced .

the other 4 books I got from this sale were also pretty good, so overall I did ok , all local to my area , the one hardcover book is listed for $30 online and seen it in bookstores here for that price . its on "port Carling " which is a busy tourist town on lake muskoka , I actually already have a copy but figured the extra would make a great trader or I could resell it

nhpharm

Reaction score
Great finds. I always paw through books as a lot of other people don't spend the time to. When I was in college, I was working at a church sale on Long Island and after the sale was over they were throwing out thousands of books that didn't sell. There was a book of old photographs of Constantinople with the covers loose and I thought it was neat so I kept it. About 5 years ago I researched it and found that the photos were by a fairly famous photographer. Sold the book to a photograph dealer in the UK for $3,250.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora