small blackglass bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

morash

Reaction score
hello all,
i was wondering if anyone knows anything about or has seen this bottle before? it is 5 inches tall. the round embossed marking on the shoulder are the letters c u r e.
FullSizeRender (3).jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited:

morash

Reaction score
rose bay, lunenburg, county nova scotia, canada. it was a doctor's old dump site.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Not one I have seen before...neat bottle! I've done a bit of digging in New Brunswick but with limited success.

morash

Reaction score
yeah that was a good dump. my cousin and i dug the dump when we were young, about 12 years old i guess. i had three fish tubs full of bottles plus my cousin had lots as well and i know there was more there but water kept coming in the further down we dug. those were the days.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I think this may be a small size of a French liqueur called the "Old Priest," cure being the French for "priest." If you want to sell this bottle, I'd love to own it as a go-with for my larger bottle.

vieillecurelabel.jpg viellecure.jpg

morash

Reaction score
thanks for the information. i never considered another language. my guess would have been an old type of "snake oil" that the doctor may have gotten a hold of, but your version makes more sense. i never really thought of selling it but thank you for the interest and the information.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu