Welcome to the Jungle Privy Dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Got out today with a couple of old timers. Tom is AWOL or MIA. Foliage in full bloom so it's pretty weedy & wild like a Jungle. Not like spring or fall. This last privy we were digging started out looking like a dud after digging 3 feet down with nothing in it. about ready to stick a fork in it & fill it in. BUT, I probed a back bottom corner & felt massive crunchy the last 4 feet of my 5 foot probe. SO, We start digging in that direction. Just started getting to the good stuff when it started raining & the one guy was late for Dinner & had to go. Got a Detroit Hutch, Detroit Aqua Quart Guyette & co. blown crown top. A Killer & rare American Brewing co Aqua Blob & Amber Frank Marx Blob. Both 12 oz's. Then a couple of Milks & Misc. Hopefully I can get back to it to finish it? LEON.

P1070059.jpgP1070060.jpgP1070061.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
I always hate to fill in a hole without finishing it...drives me mad until I get back out to finish it out. I only make it out digging for one day every two weeks so sometimes it makes for a long two weeks. Great finds!

bandsdean

Reaction score
Very nice finds. Do you also use a metal detector to find the smalls such as buttons, coins and other small items or are you just interested in the bottles?

hemihampton

Reaction score
I never use a metal detector to find privy's or stuff in the privy. I do use a Metal detector to find buried beer can pits but it's been many years since I used it for that or anything. LEON.

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've had a friend metal detect several of my privy spoil piles before/while I filled them in and never had much luck. I imagine sometimes you can find some really neat stuff but I've not had any luck.

Bekbek1008

Reaction score
So what "called" you to this spot?

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
So what "called" you to this spot?

A 1880's Sanborn map that showed a house was there in 1880's. House has been long gone for many years. No sign a house was ever there. Also that spot lined up with all the other privy's found in the houses to the Left & right of that spot (which are mostly gone also) It can get more complicated then that but also takes experiance. Like the experiance I used to find it next to my buddy's privy after we said his hole/spot he found was a dud with nothing in it. LEON.

Last edited:

Bekbek1008

Reaction score
Thank you. Ive been seaching maps for old dump sites. But they didnt exist.... it was an out house.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown