unidentified coke bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

manfredijoe

Reaction score
WIN_20170603_17_43_03_Pro.jpgI have a coca cola bottle that in description is greenish in color, made of very thick glass, has the seems running up sides of bottle, crown top. the writing on it says coca cola bottling company Terra Haute ind. min contents 6 fl. ozs. on bottom of bottle it says ROOT and there is a date or number I cant seem to figure out, its not perfect condition it has chips and scratches. I have not been able to figure out year made or where originiated, PLEASE HELP.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum! Sorry, could you post some photos? Your description is a bit confusing. Do you mean it says Terre Haute Ind on the side? Is it a straight-side Coke or a hobbleskirt Coke? It was made at the Root Glass Factory in Terre Haute so that's where it originated, but we won't be able to give you even a basic estimation of the date without knowing what the bottle looks like.

manfredijoe

Reaction score
I added photo of bottle to see,its straight sided and says on it ( coca cola bottling company terra haute ind. min contents 6 fl. ozs.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Do you think you could take a photo that shows the entire bottle and makes the embossing visible? I can't really tell much from that picture other than that it's a straight side. If you aren't able to take a better photo, does it have the script logo on it? Does the seam go to the top of the lip? And what numbers does it have on it near or on the bottom? That's where the date code will be, if Root was like most other companies the code should be two digits that would make sense as a year it was made.

If it doesn't have the script logo then it may not actually be a Coke bottle, it could be a flavour bottle that was used for other flavours the bottling franchise sold.

manfredijoe

Reaction score
it does have seems all the way up to the lip, ill try to get better photo but for now ill say the writing isn't in script its in bold letters but does say coca cola bottling company. the numbers on it are on bottom and has four digits but I cant make out what the numbers are.i have written to coca cola they have said it is a coke bottle but they are doing further research into it. thank you for keep responding.

RCO

Reaction score
that picture is still very hard to look at , it does appear to be an older straight side coca cola bottle . terra haute Indiana would of been fairly big so not surprising it had its own coca cola bottling plant at the time , but I don't really know anything else about it

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Are you taking these photos with a webcam? Because a webcam's resolution just isn't good enough for photographing bottles. I can't make out a single thing from that photo. Since there isn't any script on it I'm guessing that it's an early flavour bottle and not a real Coke bottle. I don't remember ever seeing a Coke bottle from that era that didn't have the script logo embossed.

Silverdollar

Reaction score
I just found a coke bottle with the following: Bottom : Coca Cola Top side: Coca Cola Trademark registered on both sides; Bottom side "minimum volume 6 1/2 oz: Property of coca cola bottling company and on the reverse side "NORFOLK VA" otherwise simular physical description. Would this help?

manfredijoe

Reaction score
if you have and want to share email address let me know I can email better photo let me know ok?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi