Senior Member Bottle Master

Can't Find Anything On It

Got this bottle a few weeks ago in Maine from a friend who purchases dug bottles from diggers and resells them. I like the embossing and had never seen it before so I purchased it from him. Can't find anything on it. Looks before machine made with seam stopping at neck. Does anyone have any info about this Pine Cone Liniment bottle?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8629.JPG   IMG_8624.JPG   IMG_8628.JPG  

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Quick search comes out as ...
    J. R. FRANCIS, 40 Loomis Street. Chicago. Illinois.
    Pine Cone Liniment for Emergencies. Have
    a bottle in the house. From Maine Spiritualist Directory.

I believe this bottle is not real common, Matt Knapp does not have it listed in his book on Patent Medicines. You might want to check with him.
    Jim S
    Collect: 1/4 & 1/2 Oz Pharm / Drugs - 1 Oz "Stand Up" Pharms - WAW-WAW anything - Santa Ana, CA & Coeur d' Alene, ID bottles. TRADES available

Hello I am very new to this site I'm not sure how to start a new thread so please forgive me for posting on yours can you possibly leave me on how to start a new thread my son found a bottle on our family Century Farm the other day that we believe to be very old and quite rare

Quote Originally Posted by Mtrick79 View Post
    Hello I am very new to this site I'm not sure how to start a new thread so please forgive me for posting on yours can you possibly leave me on how to start a new thread my son found a bottle on our family Century Farm the other day that we believe to be very old and quite rare
    If you go back to the list of threads, there's a big grey button at the top that says "Start New Thread." Click on it and you can start a new thread. You're definitely right about it being old (probably about 100-120 years) and judging by the size of Elgin you're probably also right about it being quite rare, though I don't know if anyone here will know how it ranks in terms of rarity of Oregon drug store bottles. In general any individual drug store bottle will be a lot rarer than your average patent medicine bottle due to them only being used in one store.