Found this unique Ball script 3l dropped a. Test jar?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nolittle

Reaction score
Hi All,

I came across this Ball blue 6 3/4" shoulder seal quart embossed Ball script dropped a with 3l loop. It has a smooth lip (diameter 2 1/2") with 3 interrupted screw threads and odd tool like band just under the shoulder. It also looks like the top was applied at the shoulder? The base (diameter 3 11/16") has an embossed "A" and what may be a "1" or "l".

At first I thought it was redbook 193 but I think the script is different, also noticed the interrupted threads as in RB 192 but the books lists that one as clear with 4 threads. Can anyone tell me what jar this is? I'm stumped! lol

ball1.jpgball2.jpgball3.jpgball5.jpg

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Nickolas_

Reaction score
It's a typical 3L Ball Mason. from 1896-1910. Quite common and normal for this series jar.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

dygger60

Reaction score
Your jar was made on the F.C. Ball machine...a very early machine in Ball Brothers automation era...the reason it is off set as shown is because the top (threaded) area was a separate mold and was screwed onto the main body before the jar was formed....nice, but as stated before old but common.

Nickolas_

Reaction score
There us actually a very rare quart with interrupted threads that are very short. Kind of like a product jar with a short screw on lid withal slight twist. Here is what the mouth looks like on it... Been hoping to find one but no luck... I'll post a pic when I find my book...

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora