Wanted : Pux and Hudson Club bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hudsonclub

Reaction score
Greetings, all. My. And is Peter and I'm on the lookout for any bottles from my family's defunct soda business, New Rochelle Beverage.

Some background info; the business was started by my great grandfather around 1924, the plant was at 22-24 Lafayette avenue in New Rochelle, NY. The building is still there, it is an auto repair shop now. It was a total mom and pop operation (a cousin once fell into a vat of orange soda!) The two brands they made were Hudson Club, which were large bottles with paper labels, and Pux, which were the painted label small bottles. I've seen different sizes of the Pux bottles. The labels were all the same, and the bottle cap determined what the flavor of the contents was.

They also had a beer and soda store in Mamaroneck, NY where they distributed a few regional beer brands (Narragansett Beer and Utica Club). They closed the soda business in 1966. They couldn't compete with the majors and went bust.

I have a few small items, but am on the look out for any scraps of my heritage. If anyone has anything from New Rochelle Beverage that they are willing to part with, I would be interested in buying from you.

Thank you!
-Peter

Eric

Reaction score
You should check the areas for bottle shows.. there is also a forum/tab on this site that will post bottles shows and location.
You could/should also visit FOHBC.org for bottle shows in areas that are close.
I would run a Want Ad on Craigslist in the area.. I've had good luck with Craigslist ads finding bottles and brands that I search for.
Never now who there local that may have a old crate full.

Also, if you can. post images here... would help me remember what you're looking for in my travels. Best of luck!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi