Muskoka Lakes swim finds summer 2017

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
usually post things that I find swimming here during the summer , off to sort of a late start and only just went swimming on Friday for the first time this year . also the strap on my diving mask broke but fortunately there was a store nearby that was able to fix It .

went back to old location I've been to many times before , didn't find much but a couple interesting items .

a broken straight side coca cola , old cup , milk jug plain no name on it , crown jar lid , 2 broken green bottles

P6250002.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
this cup is somewhat odd , as soon as I found it , pretty much figured it had to be very old , just doesn't look very recent . also has no markings or makers marks on it . but is this design on it , also has a light blue tinge to it .

you can see in the pics it still kind of dirty and a bad stain on the one side , going to try and clean it up some more

P6250005.jpgP6250006.jpgP6250007.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
also found a broken coca cola bottle , missing the bottom part but appears to be an early Canadian straight side . light aqua colour , when I found it , was entirely visible so wasn't dangerous to remove even though its broken and I always wear gloves , must of been hidden in the sand for years cause it was in an area I'd been thru many times before

P6250009.jpgP6250010.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Shame the Coke bottle's broken! That's one that's still on my list of things to find. Found one once with the bottom broken off in the river but never a whole one.

RCO

Reaction score
Shame the Coke bottle's broken! That's one that's still on my list of things to find. Found one once with the bottom broken off in the river but never a whole one.

a lot of the older coke bottles there seem to be broken , have found some others over the years

haven't done much swimming yet this year , weather has really been off so far , very rainy and not that warm , often go swimming on Monday nights as docks are so quiet but didn't last night cause it wasn't even warm here and water way too dark to see anything

but should eventually get nicer and will hopefully find some more stuff

RCO

Reaction score
weather improved and I managed to go swimming at another one of my regular locations , but mostly found 50's era coca cola bottles and brown's beverages gravenhurst bottles , one of the coca cola bottles is much older and is a clear version of the early Canadian straight side . I've always felt there was much older bottles at this location its just taken forever to find them

P7060001.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
went for another swim there but visibility was a serious issue and I didn't really find much but will g back again to see what else is down there

in picture coca cola ( earliest 1940 ) brown gravenhurst , Canada dry , 7 up , plain NDNR , beer bottles and some jars

p1.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
checked around a different dock near a large hotel , for an area with such potential , didn't really find much . a large Canada dry , 2 pepsi , brown's , stubby and some beer bottles

initially excited about the Canada dry as it was partially hidden in sand and though it might of been a milk jug or older bottle but it wasn't

P7150002.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora