Message from sodabob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Howdy

Thanks to those of you who sent me PMs, some of which were sent weeks ago but that I just read this morning. Today is the first time in weeks that I have been able to start my computer. I'm currently at a crossroads whether to pay to have it fixed, with no guarantees that is even possible, or to purchase a new computer. In the meantime, if responses are attached to this message that I don't reply to, its not that I'm ignoring them but rather that my computer is on the fritz again, making it impossible for me to reply. Just as soon as my computer is either repaired/replaced I will be back.

The plus side to my computer problems is that I have been devoting my free time to my oil paintings, which is something I previously put on the back-burner due to my usual six to eight hours a day doing various forms of research.

Speaking of my oil paintings, here's my latest work. Its of Monument Valley/Navajo Tribal Park, northern Arizona. I call it "Sunrise Guardians." The tall formation is the 'Totem Pole' followed by 'Yebechei Rocks' with 'Rooster Rock' in the background. The Mountain Lion is considered the Navajo guardian of the North.

The downside is that I plan to be gone today, making it impossible for me to post any replies, and suspect that my computer will likely crash again before I get back. However, as I said previously, I will be back on a more regular basis just as soon as I correct my computer problems.

Thanks again and HAPPY 4th of JULY

Bob

Note:

My painting style can best be described as Surreal/Impressionistic. I use a combination of extremely thick paint over smooth paint for effect.

100_5204.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
This is what I build in my spare time. It is a replica of the 1948 Skeeter bass boat. I build mine in Balsa wood. Approx 13" long, boat and the clock.

Attachments

• Four boats.jpg
    Four boats.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 405
  • Green Clock.6.jpg
    Green Clock.6.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 391
  • Fishing rod hands (2).jpg
    Fishing rod hands (2).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 410

SODABOB

Reaction score
DP

Thanks for the reply. I'm still linked but only momentarily. Very nice work! Thanks for sharing. Maybe I should subtitle this thread ...

"Please Share With Us What You Do In Your Spare Time / Other Hobbies Besides Soda Bottle Collecting"

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
My name on here used to be texas bottle man, changed because of all the questions I get about the DP bottles.
Do you have a copy of the book I co-wrote with Ray Duncan, Dr Pepper Bottles and price guide, and also the book I was writing on the Old Corner Drugstore in Waco, Tx. If not, send me your email and I will send by email, thanx, Doyle

cctrayders@comcast.net.

Have a good 4th, and remember "when ya lite em, throw em"

Attachments

• DP bottle book.JPG
    DP bottle book.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 415

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bob, nice to hear your OK, I was getting worried about you. Nice Painting also. LEON.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Bob hope you get your comp squared away one way or another. Hope to hear from you soon. Beautiful painting!

SODABOB

Reaction score
Bass

Thanks

But as it turns out, my computer problems are so bad that I'm temporarily cancelling my Internet service until I can figure things out. My service stops tomorrow and this will be my last post, possibly for weeks - months. With that said, I'd like to thank the administration and all members for their devotion to this site. I'd also like to thank everyone for their participation in the numerous threads I have been involved with over the years. They have been some of the most rewarding and enjoyable conversations and debates I have ever participated in regarding the hobby of soda bottle collecting. Please keep up the good work in my absence. I'll likely be back someday, I just don't know when.

Thanks, again, and ...

Adios Amigos

Bob

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Bob you'll be back soon!...you know you can't stay away from something you enjoy so much:)
Hope you get it all resolved or maybe a new computer?

Cheers,

Ivan

SODABOB

Reaction score
Ivan

Thanks. I hope you're right. In the meantime, I'm going to see what type of access there is via my local Library computers - I don't know yet if they will allow me access to various forums, etc. If they do, you'll likely hear from me time to time - we'll see.

Bob

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora