Monroe County PA milk bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

yacorie

Reaction score
Yacorie--thanks for checking out my bottles! No I have not seen a bottle from Reeders. Bartonsville and Scotrun are the nearest towns I've seen milk bottles from. There's a pontiled soda from Tannersville and I saw a labeled medicine bottle from there also.

dptjr--I'm not looking to sell these three but I think I have an extra quart somewhere that I was keeping for a trader. I'll have to look to be sure. Maybe we can work something out.

I’d love to find that tannersville soda bottle but haven’t been able to do so yet.

Thank you for the reply

dptjr

Reaction score
That would be awesome! Please let me know. Thank you

welterb

Reaction score
Houseman - you are right...Harold Welter milk bottles are quite scarce. I am Harold Welter's grand-daughter and have been looking for his bottles for over 50 years. I have yet to find one. If you or others have one for sale, please let me know. I would love to have one of Harold's bottles in the family.

yacorie

Reaction score
How about Fabels dairy from Stroudsburg?

Swampfox38

Reaction score
Great collection. I you ever come up with a source to get another Shehawkan bottle from the gap would be interested in it I roamed that area in my youth I know a dump that was never picked I'm sure.. I did when I was a lad it was on the old trolley line between Stbg and the gap.

houseman

Reaction score
Hello Ms. Welter, I'm glad you got to see these bottles! These are the only two Welter bottles I've ever owned...but I have seen a few others over the years. I was offered one a few years ago but it was badly damaged so I didn't buy it. I'll keep my eyes open for you though and see what I can find.

Yacorie--I have quite a few different Fabel's bottles now. If you have one that's different than what I have pictured here I'd be interested in it. There's also an older Fetherman & Fabel that I don't have.

Swampfox38--I'm always looking but that's a tough one too. There's a dump along the trolley line on the Stroudsburg side of the mountain by the park (which used to be a large dump/junkyard). It's been pretty-well dug out over the years. Is that the area you're thinking of? Believe it or not, my Shehawkan pint came out of that dump!

houseman

Reaction score
I have some new additions I'll add soon so everyone can see them, but here are a few I'm still looking for:
Glen Brook, Kerr, Guernsey Herd--this bottle has no town on it but it's from Stroudsburg
Fairview Dairy, V.L. Williams, Stroudsburg
Castle Inn Farm, Delaware Water Gap
Predmore Bros
C.D. Predmore--no town name but it's from East Stroudsburg
Indian Ladder Farm Dairy--no town name but it's from Shawnee on the Delaware
Scotrun Dairy, G.C. Post, Scotrun
Fetherman & Fabel, Stroudsburg
Clearview Farm Dairy, L.E. Kessler, Gouldsboro
Willow Spring Dairy, Allen D. Price & Son, Canadensis--specifically looking for the "& Son" variety
And, of course, anything else not pictured or listed (different sizes, varieties, etc...)

I also collect milk bottle caps and other types of bottles from the area.
Thanks for looking!

macjxl

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your new additions Houseman. Are there any round embossed ambers in your collection? I'm always looking to buy, but I'd settle for a photo for my database. I'm aware of 21 that I'm missing from PA, but I'm not sure of the counties. I think most are from Pittsburgh.

Ahowey

Reaction score
These are some other scarce dairies that I only have in quart size:

J.W. SMITH DAIRY KUNKLETOWN, PA.
This is an Owens bottle from their Clarion plant in 1936.

HARRY HAY BARTONSVILLE, PA.
This is a Thatcher bottle dated 1935. I have seen a pint with the same embossing as well as a quart that says "Raw Milk" in the center instead of "HH."

CEDAR GROVE DAIRY WILLIS NEWELL STROUDSBURG, PA. R.F.D.1
A scarce one! This is a Thatcher bottle from 1935.

JOHN ZUKAWSKI'S DAIRY R.F.D. EAST STROUDSBURG, PA.
Scarce for a milk from the 40's (this one is dated 1943). It is the only "birdcage" bottle I know of from the county.
These are some other scarce dairies that I only have in quart size:

J.W. SMITH DAIRY KUNKLETOWN, PA.
This is an Owens bottle from their Clarion plant in 1936.

HARRY HAY BARTONSVILLE, PA.
This is a Thatcher bottle dated 1935. I have seen a pint with the same embossing as well as a quart that says "Raw Milk" in the center instead of "HH."

CEDAR GROVE DAIRY WILLIS NEWELL STROUDSBURG, PA. R.F.D.1
A scarce one! This is a Thatcher bottle from 1935.

JOHN ZUKAWSKI'S DAIRY R.F.D. EAST STROUDSBURG, PA.
Scarce for a milk from the 40's (this one is dated 1943). It is the only "birdcage" bottle I know of from the county.
Hi! These are amazing. I just found out today that 'John Zukawski dairy bottles exist out there! John Zukawski is my great grandfather. Are you able to point me j. The direction of where to find something like this?? I did a Google search today and found nothing but this group. Thank so much!

Bill Kinnan

Reaction score
MAPLE IN THE PINES WILEY & SONS
These don't have a town name, but they are from Stroudsburg. They probably seem scarcer than they actually are because people may not know where they're from. C.A. Wiley & Son are listed in the Monthly Bulletin of the PA Department of Agriculture in 1919 as being in Stroudsburg and selling unadulterated milk.
The bottles pictured here are all Thatcher bottles from the 1920's. I also have a pint dated 1919 with the TMFGCO logo on the base.
May I purchase one or more of these Wiley and Sons bottles? It is for my mother June Wiley Kinnan. She is 91 and grew up on the Wiley family farm. The daughter of Kenneth and granddaughter of Charles. It would be appreciated to have one of these Momentos in our family.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora