New to bottle collecting...need help identifying a bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nanabear

Reaction score
I recently purchased this bottle from an antique dealer. It has no markings and the rest didn't know anything about it...can anyone help me Out?

Thanks,
Nanabear

Attachments

• 20170712_201330.jpg
    20170712_201330.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 130

Nanabear

Reaction score
Thanks Jim....how would I found out what if anything it is worth?

botlguy

Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, value is in the pocketbook of the buyer and seller. If you like it it's worth what you paid for it. Another person / collector might not agree with you. I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel for it but that means nothing. The problem is that this vintage bottle is ABM / Automatic Bottle Machine made and made by the millions. The up side is that most are in a land fill. I prefer bottles made before machines did it all, say about 1910 +/-. It's a matter of choice. Most collectors prefer bottles that have embossed / raised letters on the side telling who filled it or what product was inside. Search our archives and you'll see what I mean.
Jim S.

hemihampton

Reaction score
At 4 1/2 inches it's small for a syrup bottle or any bottle. I'd guess maybe worth $1.00. LEON.

botlguy

Reaction score
At 4 1/2 inches it's small for a syrup bottle or any bottle. I'd guess maybe worth $1.00. LEON.
Leon. you have added a new view to my eye. I didn't even notice the ruler, perhaps due to the sideways picture. Agreed, too small for the typical syrup unless a sample. It just looks like a syrup in my memory.
Jim S.

Nanabear

Reaction score
Thanks for all of you help...sorry the picture is sideways. I couldn't figure out how to get it to turn upright making it easier to view.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora