3/4 Litre Stoneware France

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I inherited a rather extensive bottle collection from my father. I have been researching and learning about bottles the past few months. This is one of many bottles I will be sharing and asking for any information I can find!

Last edited:

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
IMG_3167.jpgIMG_3169.jpgIMG_3170.jpgIMG_3171.jpgIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3172.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The federal law prohibits language tells us two things. First, this was a product for the American market. Second, it's a post prohibition container, somewhere between 1935 and 1964.

Jim G

botlguy

Reaction score
Jim G. is absolutely correct. In addition I believe the contents were distilled spirits in order to require the Federal Law wording. Wine or beer would not need that.
Jim S.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments! I was confused, as everything I have seen online has said Amsterdam. (and this said France) I joined Worthpoint.com, and haven't seen another one like this sold online. Would it be considered rare or common? Do you suggest what I could price it at? (not sure if people give their advice on pricing on this forum, I am a newbie!!)

botlguy

Reaction score
This item is not in my sphere of interest but I suspect it will have limited collector interest. You might want to try it on eBay with a starting price you would be happy with and go downward if it doesn't sell. That's what I would do. Warning: don't list it with a reserve.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you, Jim! I will take any advice you experts can give me! :) I have over 500 bottles, all different types. I am trying to learn all that I can! I want to have a sale, but I am having trouble finding what I should charge on about 1/3 of them!! I will go to ebay to sell some of them!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Jim G. is absolutely correct. In addition I believe the contents were distilled spirits in order to require the Federal Law wording. Wine or beer would not need that.
Jim S.

X2 on that. I should have noted that it would be spirits not beer/wine.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Most "federal law prohibits" bottles don't have any real value. Not to bottle collectors. That one is a nice looking bottle though and will likely generate some interest as a decorator piece rather than something the hardcore bottle collectors will want. Jim's advice to put it on with a starting bid near what you need to get out of it and let her rip is probably the best.

Good luck.

Jim G

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18