Coca Cola Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Looking for any information on these 3 Coca Cola bottles. I have inherited an extensive bottle collection, and plan on selling a lot of it. Any information on the bottles, or what I should price them at, would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. FullSizeRender (8).jpgIMG_3004.jpgIMG_3177.jpgFullSizeRender (6).jpgIMG_2989.jpgIMG_3009.jpgIMG_3008.jpgIMG_3006.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
Kathi, the only one I can help with is the "Hobble Skirt" type although all are collectible. There are, to my knowledge, 5 midriff wording variants in the H S type. The most desirable have a 1915 or 1923 date. Next is the one with "Patent D-xxxxx" (can't remember the numbers). The 2 with either 6 oz. or 6 1/2 oz. and no date are less desirable.
That is a simple explanation to a complicated subject as there are dozens of Coca-Cola variants.
Jim S.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I just looked, and the hobble skirt does have the Pat-105529. But, it does not have a date!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
To find out how old the first one is (it's not that collectible unfortunately, as far as I know) there should be two digits where the hobbleskirt bends inward. It'll say "49" or something like that, and that will be the year. The other two are far more collectible, though unfortunately I don't know anything about them.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I looked on the hobble skirt ,it has a 17 and a 49 on it! It also has Pat-105529. Do you have any idea where I can look to get more information on any of these coke bottles? (and thank you for commenting!!)

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bob Porters Coke book will give you Rarity rating but no prices. I looked all 3 of these up. The first hobble skirt common & worth maybe $1.00-$10 range depending on who wants it or needs it. The other 2 are much older & more desirable being straight sided Cokes most likely dating between 1900-1915 time frame approximately. But listed as common in Porters Coke book. But still probably worth between $25-$75 again depending on who wants it or needs it. Really what ever someone is willing to pay. Hope this helps. Just my 2 cents & opinion, I'm sure others will vary? LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Leon, thank you so much!!! I joined worthpoint, and it shows me when a bottle sold anywhere online, and how much it sold for. The only one I found was the arrow coke bottle, that sold 4 years ago, for 75.00. (the seller listed it as rare, which of course may have been only their opinion) But I could not find the other 2 being sold online anywhere! And I hadn't seen the arrow one sold in the past 4 years. It is all so confusing to me! I really appreciate you taking the time to look in the book and for telling me your thoughts!! :)

Kathi

hemihampton

Reaction score
Everybody selling on ebay calls anything they sell rare no matter how common it is. Straight sided Cokes are not common, But his book may call it common but that may only be compared to other straight sided Cokes that may be rarer. I've seen some straight sided Cokes get $10 while others may get $1,000. Do you have any Michigan Bottles? Curious, I collect Michigan bottles. LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Leon, that makes sense! Thank you! I have not come across any Michigan bottles yet! If I do, I will let you know! There a lot I haven't gone through yet. I am from Erie Pa, so I have a ton of Erie bottles.(beer, mineral water, seltzer, milk, coke, etc)
Although, I have quite a few from out of state as well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi