Flasks?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Leon, the guy I talked to was Jeff Noordsy. But, I don't know if anyone in Erie will pay what I am asking for it. I will probably end up putting it up on Ebay!! :)

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It's a fairly small collector community, with a few "big fish" like Jeff who are go to people, and many more "little fish" like me. I'm glad he got to you so quickly. Can you tell us what he told you about the flask? it's all learning for us...

Jim G

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Jim, it was so neat talking to Jeff. My Uncle Nick DiRienzo was known around the country as an expert in bottle collecting. It was really cool to hear that he knew my Uncle well. ( he passed a couple of years ago) He even told me some stories about him. My father used to go on digs with my Uncle, and he learned from him. So, he knew that I may have some decent bottles in my collection. My Uncle had a good friend who moved to Cleveland, who he reached out to for me, and I ended up talking to him, and he plans on making a trip to Erie to look at my bottles to help me! As far as the flask goes, he said back in the day, it would go for $$$$. He said now, I could get 275.00 or more. It is not one that you see often apparently! Not sure if anyone in Erie will pay that, put I will put it up on ebay if it doesn't sell at my sale!! Maybe several people will want it and I will get more!!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I thought that looked like a decent flask. Jeff's attributions are reliable. And he buys and sells a lot so he's on top of values. Good luck.

It's great to see the stuff you are posting for opinions. Often, someone comes on here and posts thinking Gramps' stuff is invaluable and it's all 1970s soda bottles. The stuff you are putting up is real, with real interest and real value. You've livened things up around this site a bit with the stuff you are posting.

Thanks.

Jim G

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Awe! That is very sweet of you to say, Jim!! I have come to value everyone's opinion on this forum!! I have so many bottles that I would like to ask about, I didn't want to seem too forward by posting so much! As long as nobody minds , I'll keep posting! :D

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
What I'd like to see is any PreProhibition (pre 1919) Beer bottles with paper labels or any blob top beers with paper labels. Do you have anything like that? Curious. LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Leon, I do have 2 with labels. They are short ones, and they are Wayne and Koehler!

hemihampton

Reaction score
what do you mean by short ones? Gotta Pic? I'm a little familiar with those 2 brands. LEON.

P.S. Don't want to hijack this thread/post though.

sandchip

Reaction score
Nick Direnzio was your uncle? Big time whiskey collector, if I'm remembering correctly. Cool!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94