Bone toothbrush

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
This fell out of an earth pile I was digging. I know, not rare and this one's broken, but it's the first I've found. There are so few bristle sockets that I zoomed on that part in an inset.

Bone toothbrush.jpg

larwood57

Reaction score
This fell out of an earth pile I was digging. I know, not rare and this one's broken, but it's the first I've found. There are so few bristle sockets that I zoomed on that part in an inset.

View attachment 178954
Cool... first one I've ever seen.. thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yimbo

Reaction score
I also found 2 partial tooth brushes, not sure if they are bone or not, I like how the horizontal holes follow the curve of the perimeter of the head. There's an arrow with the words extra fine London on the handle. Also found 3 small vials, 2 with liquid and 1 with crystals, no idea what they are.IMG_0505.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0508.jpg

Last edited:

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Cool. From what I've seen online regarding those markings, it is made from bone.

Yimbo

Reaction score
I dug the tooth brushes behind Monticello Female Seminary in Godfrey Il. They dug pits for their trash so the goods were pretty concentrated but also pretty busted. Seminary was built in 1834, most of the stuff we found was 1850s to 1870s. Because the girls came from all over the world and from wealthy families there were a lot of fancy French perfumes and quite a bit of cut glass items. The older dumps are probably long gone due to constant construction of new buildings. My dump is now under a massive chrome, granite and glass Math and Science building. The creek behind this is loaded with tons of great bottle fragments.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger