M.G. Kline Drug Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Well, this is an interesting one. Clymer is a very small town, not far from Erie. (where I live) I got in touch with a historian from Clymer, who said they have a similar bottle as this one in their museum. (although she couldn't remember if it was castor oil like mine) She said she has never seen or heard of another bottle from this company other than the one in the museum. She also told me that this particular drug company wasn't open very long, and it opened around 1900. Her 100 year old father had his first ice cream cone at this drug store. My question is, I have no idea how to price it. She said although they may not want to buy it for the museum, she wanted me to get back to her with a price. I have seen similar bottles online, from other towns. But, I am lost, I have no idea how to price it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!! Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3246.jpg
    IMG_3246.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
I see the image. A local expert could price it better. LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Are you still not able to see the image? I really don't know too many local experts that I would trust asking!! I have seen other bottles online, kind of the same, different towns/cities, they go for around 100.00. But, I don't know about this particular one! I am looking at this forum as the experts!! lol :eek:

hemihampton

Reaction score
In my opinion something like that should get $10-$20 bucks but I'm not familiar with that town. If a real small town with low population it might get $100 to the right diehard collector that specializes in that town or area. LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you, Leon!! I know it will be specific to someone in that town most likely. I just have no idea a fair asking price!!

SoCal_bottle

Reaction score
I see it now. Common bottle it appears. Castor oil with partial contents. Pretty cool

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Barring it being a rare local bottle, it's a very common med with a fairly plain label. A similar bottle for most towns here in VT would run maybe $10. It's label only, unembossed, and those "write on" labels seem to get a lower value than other more interesting labels, in my experience.

Jim G

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18