M.G. Kline Drug Co.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Only a collector of that town or county would have interest in it, I'm afraid. I'd agree with the $10 value. I've never paid more than that for a labeled local druggist, however rare it may be, here, and wouldn't unless it were a pictorial label in good condition. That it's from the last century makes it too new for some collectors, especially collectors of bottles from that state as your state has been around for a long time.
Castor oil is not a very collectible product, as everyone hates its taste, so there isn't a market in that feature, either.
The label has suffered chemical damage and will over time deteriorate.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I am hoping that I sell this one at my sale, as Clymer is very close to me and I plan on advertising my sale in that area! The woman from the Clymer museum wants to know what I am going to charge for it, maybe she will buy it for the museum to put with the other one she has!! :)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I love labeled bottles, and something like that from a town the size of Clymer local to me I would pay easily $20 for, $30 or more if it was from Vancouver Island, but I guess that they're more common in the States. If you're going to charge $10 I'd personally offer it to the museum first, I think that things like that should be offered first to local museums that want them since there are probably less than five in existence. I'd be surprised if the museum didn't want to pay $10 for it.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
She was going to look and see if it was the same bottle she had at the museum (with castor oil). I will call her and see if she would be interesting in wanting it, or see if this is the bottle like she has. Pretty cool that she had never seen another one!! So, we know there are at least 2 from that Drug store!! :)

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Smaller American museums almost never buy anything. It may be best just to donate it, though if it's a museum like most.... it will end up in archives forever and be displayed once a century. This is my problem with museums-- they archive everything and rarely show what actually interests me! LOL.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Spirit, you may be right! lol. Clymer is so close to Erie, I'm simply undecided if I should just put it up at my sale or donate it. Someone may want it for their collection if they are from there!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu