I Dream of Jeannie bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Seriously, what kind of bottle is this? lol Time frame? It is 12 1/2" tall! Any information would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3302.jpg
    IMG_3302.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_3303.jpg
    IMG_3303.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3304.jpg
    IMG_3304.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 103

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Good question. I've never seen anything like that. If I had to hazard a guess I would say that it's an olive oil bottle from Europe but I could be totally wrong. Maybe some sort of fancy liquor as well. I do think that it's probably European though.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you!! :) So glad someone commented on this, because I had no idea what this is!! lol

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-

Hi Kathi, Your bottle bears an uncanny resemblance in shape to this German bitters from my collection.
I would suggest that your bottle is probably of European origin and possibly for a liqueur or something similar.

-

-0-​

Last edited:

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Oh my goodness!! Same shape! Thank you so much for commenting! With no markings on it, I had no idea what to search! :) How old is it?

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd have thought an oil as well. Never seen that Bitters before.

If it's a tooled top, who can say the age with it being European (if it is indeed European).

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-

Hi again Kathi, The Hertrichs company was established in 1875, a date given on this early 20th century advertising stamp shown below.
The company was certainly trading into the early 20th century.
It may be that the later bottles were plain clear or aqua coloured with just a label as depicted on the tip tray, again shown below.
If you google Hertrichs Bitter there should be a wealth of information and images.

-

-

-0-​

Last edited:

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, that's awesome!! I really appreciate it! Maybe one mystery bottle solved! :D

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Well, I read about your bottle, but I couldn't find anything about just a clear one. They all seem to have the lettering/embossing on them! I spent an hour looking, and came up with nothing. I even looked under a couple other makers of bitters in similar round bottles, but none of them were quite like mine(or yours). Ugh! I am stuck again! lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky