Dr. Viertel's blackroot honey?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I tried to do a search in here but nothing came up? Not sure of date. Has a tooled top, not abm so maybe around 1900? I was about to toss it because I thought it was just a slick, until I cleaned the dry dirt off & seen it had a name on it. DR VIERTEL'S BLACKROOT HONEY. It's 7 inches tall. Any body familiar with this bottle or know anything about it? LEON. Blackroot6.jpgBlackroot4.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
It's From Detroit, It's the first one I've seen or dug. Because of that I figured maybe kinda tough. but maybe not. Waiting to hear back about it from my buddy the Detroit Bottle Expert ? LEON.

P.S. Thanks for the Matt Knapp book info, Interesting.

whittled

Reaction score
Apparently a cold remedy sold only wholesale and groceries. Interesting. FROM 1907.
"Grocers will be interested in the original plan inaugurated by the Dr. Edmund Viertel Laboratories of Detroit, to market their well established remedy, Black Root Honey.

Instead of selling it through drug stores as is the usual custom, the remedy will be placed in grocery stores exclusively. An extensive advertising campaign has been opened up in Michigan cities and towns pulling customers through the local newspapers to the grocer. Wherever previously introduced this cold and cough remedy has proven a strong seller, owing to the intrinsic merit and approval it has met with by users, it building up a strong trade by itself. Black Root Honey is fully guaranteed. It is obtainable either direct or through wholesale grocers."

hemihampton

Reaction score
I came across that same article the other day. THANKS, LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum