The B bottles. What do they stand for?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
The amber bottle stands 10 1/2" tall. It has 2 B's and a M on the front. I have tried searching this, and can't find anything. The second bottle stands 8 1/4". It has a big B and a small r on the front of the bottle. Does anybody know what the letters stand for on either bottle ? How old are they? Thank you in advance!!:) It took me 2 days, but I figured out how to not have my pictures sideways!! Yay Me!! :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3421.jpg
    IMG_3421.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3422.jpg
    IMG_3422.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The beer bottle is almost certainly from a company with a name like B______ Brewing and Malting Co. Hard to say what the first B would stand for though, hopefully someone recognizes it. It should date to the latter couple decades of the 19th century. The other looks like some sort of fancy bathroom product with that ornate base. Cologne maybe? I don't recognize the logo.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
You are the first person to comment on this, thank you! :) That gives me something to go on. I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find what those letters stand for! (either bottle) Were beer bottles 10 1/2"? lol I have no idea! lol

Last edited:

botlguy

Reaction score
The big amber bottle is definitely a beer from late 1800s perhaps our Bruce will chime in, he's the beer bottle expert. The other looks like a food type product to me, perhaps some sort of extract, or maybe cosmetic like a lotion.
Jim S

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you, Jim!! :)Nothing is coming up for me online just searching the letters!

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
Looks brittish I'm thinking boon I've seen those in Oklahoma boon and Crockett was the name I'm thinking just name they chose I'll look it up born and company maybe to that butterfly looking thing I've seen glass paperweights with that also

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
Czeckoslovokia Prague I knew I saw that my unit wasvfirst American unite 11tharmored Calvary back when czeck got it's independence back we marched into Prague czeckoslovokia to celebrate their independence from Russia best beer I've ever drank beat Germany. By far two brothers beer co Prague czeckoslovokia eBay go there there's a seller got bottle caps for sale two brothers beer look ebay

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
The 11th armored Calvary unit we were there also when east Germans went back across Berlin Wall but I was farthest point north checkpoint Charlie was a proud day to be a soldier I sat checkpoint Charlie watched and made sure the Russians did not fire on them 11th ACR armored Calvary regiment saw freedom ring then Prague we were on the 1 k zone farthest post north now we are permanently opp four or the opposing force at ft Riley California come to the field in America Yu get trained by the best the 11th armored Calvary brigade come ride the black horse!!!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Ken, Thank you so much!!!! What an interesting story! When you first said Boone and Crockett, that would have made sense to me because my father was a scorer for Boone and Crockett!! I looked on ebay and saw the bottle caps and bottle openers for Two brothers, I did not see any bottles though. You are saying that the BBM bottle is a Two Brothers beer bottle or the BR Co is? I am new, so you need to spell things out for me! lol Would you know how old it is? Or what the worth would be? Thank you so much on commenting on my pictures!! :)

aprillyn

Reaction score
How did you get your bottles so clean? I've used bleach and it still doesn't get everything.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky