Green Coffin Shoo Fly Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
It took me awhile to find a bottle online that looked similar to mine. I think that's what this is? Not sure if different companies made them, or if they were specific to only one. Is this a common bottle? It is 8" tall and a very pretty green. No chips or cracks. It has some bubbles in the glass. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :welcome:

Attachments

• IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

SoCal_bottle

Reaction score
I'd say 1880's era for sure. Nice color. Can't comment on scarcity..not too much into flasks.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've definitely never seen a flask from this side of the pond in that colour. The clear ones are common but that colour definitely isn't. I have no idea on value though.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I've definitely never seen a flask from this side of the pond in that colour. The clear ones are common but that colour definitely isn't. I have no idea on value though.
Thank you for your input!! :) Maybe that is why I can't find one that looks just like mine online? (the color isn't common) Am I right though, is it a Coffin Shoo Fly Flask? The shape looked similar to an aqua one I saw online!

Last edited:

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
As I was going through more bottles last night, I found 2 clear ones, like this green one!! (2 different sizes though)

botlguy

Reaction score
It can't be a Coffin Shoo Fly, those are two different shapes. A "Coffin Flask" has sharp edges, a "Shoo Fly Flask" has rounded edges. Both body shapes taper outward from the bottom / base to the shoulder. As for age, I'm thinking late 1800 - early 1900 either American or British made. The color is a bit unusual for American made but I collect such items and would pay up to $50 for that one if I had the money right now. If that were embossed with an American company it would be worth in the mid-hundreds, at least. The color makes it.
Jim S.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Jim, thank you!! I love your input/expertise, it's so helpful to me!!! :) That clarified my original question as to what it was!! I wondered why I couldn't find any others in this color! If it doesn't sell at my sale , I will put it up on eBay!!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I found a Pikes Peak flask in a 1870's privy. The bottle is kinda of commom but mine was a similar color as yours. I called it Moss green in color from my research that's what they seemed to call this color. I never seen another Pikes Peak in that color. Unfortunatley it was broken in many pieces. LEON.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I have had several casualties, as I have 2 Siberian Huskies. As I've been taking them out of boxes, several bottles have broken because of my dogs. (And having the bottles free standing on my floor) I've learned my lesson! lol Thank you for your input on the color!! :)

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu