Master Ink 12 sided, 9 1/2 by 4 1/2 any info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SIMPKINS

Reaction score
Any info about this master ink

IMG_0732.jpgIMG_0737.jpgIMG_0733.jpgIMG_0700.jpg

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I'm away from Covill and Faulkner 2nd, but am sure this beauty is in both. DEFINITELY American, circa 1840s - 1850s, and considered one of the best unembossed inks out there. I'm not aware of one with a label so I don't think there is any definite attribution to any particular ink retailer. I'd say the fluted shoulders remind me of E. Waters, Troy embossed inks. Can't say for sure it's him. shape and period are about right though.

I haven't seen one sell in recent memory. It would be an in excess of thousand dollar bottle if mint. If you are looking to sell, you should talk to one of the major bottle dealers. Heckler, or Glassworks or American Bottle Auctions would love to have something like this in an auction.

Jim G

SIMPKINS

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, it doesn't have any digs, chips or scratches. It did have a little bit of label on it , took picture of it when it was found. It wasn't dug so it doesn't have any issues. IMG_0729.jpgIMG_0668.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
That one is as good as it gets, but the story on how it was found would make it even better!

Last edited:

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, it doesn't have any digs, chips or scratches. It did have a little bit of label on it , took picture of it when it was found. It wasn't dug so it doesn't have any issues. View attachment 179132View attachment 179133

Did someone take that label off? If so pity. It's in Covill figures 780 and 781. Faulkner 2nd has an aqua without pour spout on page 152. A great ink bottle you have there!

SIMPKINS

Reaction score
Wrapped it up to get home, lost the top left and center through the name. Found a gallon size, this one must be a half gallon? Can't find Faulkner 2nd, did find covill online.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora