Union Made Consumer's Beer Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I am working my way through almost 100 Erie, Pa. bottles. I have a handful of Consumer's Beer bottles from Erie. But , I noticed these 2 say Union Made on the bottom. The bottles look the same, so I'm only posting one picture of the actual bottle and top. But, I'm posting what both of the bottoms look like. Can anyone tell me anything about what that means or give me any advice on worth with this on the bottom of the bottle? Thanks in advance!! :welcome:

Attachments

• IMG_3459.jpg
    IMG_3459.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3458.jpg
    IMG_3458.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3457.jpg
    IMG_3457.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3456.jpg
    IMG_3456.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 103

SoCal_bottle

Reaction score
Looks kind of common to me Kathi. I could be wrong. I have a couple like this.
Don't know enough really about early beers

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
There were 75 views of this post, and you are the only one who commented! Thank you!!! I thought maybe these were different because they said that, I have no idea either! lol

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, they have Baltimore Loop-Seal tops, which cannot date before the late 1880s and tend to have the greatest popularity in the 1890 to 1910ish period.

We know what Unions are in trades and work-places, I'd assume. So, I assume, a Union of glass-blowers made its own blowing plant and made these likely for a pro-union brewer/bottler.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you, Spirit! You gave me a time frame! I did assume Union made, meant Union Made..but does that change the worth of the bottle? Or does it make them "special"? I have other Consumer Bottles, and many other Erie brewing bottles, but I haven't seen any other ones that say that on them! I really appreciate your input!!! :)

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I'd not see it as affecting the value. It may be a more interesting historical note, but few glass-companies are in themselves collectible, and that tends to be because of how the glass looks. The bottle is too plain in appearance.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
I'd not see it as affecting the value. It may be a more interesting historical note, but few glass-companies are in themselves collectible, and that tends to be because of how the glass looks. The bottle is too plain in appearance.

Thank you!! :) That's what I needed to know!! You rock!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu