Emerald Green Insulator

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Good news. It is a CD 104 Pennycuick style and the current Price Guide has it at $300 - $350 if the buyer agrees that it is DARK GREEN, but it's worth $500 - $600 if it's Yellow Green, Dark Yellow Green or Emerald Green. Remember, color is different to different people, perception is different and insulator collectors see things differently. Go slowly with the sale of this piece and get several independent, separate opinions. The exact color cannot be determined on a computer monitor, it HAS to be seen in person.
If there are 6 circular blot outs on the skirt, it is Dark Forest Green and worth $400 - $500. All of the above values are based on the insulator being in excellent condition, no cracks or chips or major post manufacture flaws.
The Pennycuick determination is made primarily due to that pointed dot inside on the underside of the dome. Good luck, I can help more with the sale if you are interested, I'm not a buyer.
Jim S.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Jim, Oh My Gosh!!!! Thank you so much!! Wow!!! I looked for a very long time to try and find one like this online and couldn't. I do not know what a blot out would look like? How big would they be? There are a few very tiny chips on the bottom, nothing major, and no cracks. Overall, I think it's in great condition. (but, you know I am just learning) Do you know someone that may be interested in buying this? I found someone that is an expert (through a friend in Ohio who knew my Uncle Nick DiRienzo). He may be able to look at it like you suggested.

Last edited:

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
A note should be added that Direct Sunlight is the best way to determine true shade of colour and that high-dollar insulator collectors or people very good at distinguishing shades should be used. Artificial light can skew colour anyway you want it, which is a bad thing, so natural direct sunlight is most accepted.

What Jim refers to are little, barely noticeable circles where a ball-peen hammer was used to 'blot' or 'peen' out undesired embossing from a mould. Below is attached a set of peen-outs on the skirt of one of my insulators:
Brunswick 037.jpg

Insulator collecting is not so popular as bottle collecting. You may be hard-pressed to find a local buyer for so expensive an insulator. The internet may be your best friend for that one.

Kathi Groh

Reaction score
Thank you, Spirit!! :) I was actually talking to Jim last night on the phone, and he was describing to me what the spot outs would look like. Thank you for giving me an actual picture to reference. I just looked, and mine don't have those. Jim also gave me 2 people's numbers from an Insulator collector book. I am going to reach out to them, to help me determine what color green it is. I am so appreciative for both of your help and kindness. If I can't find an insulator local whose interested, I plan on putting it up on ebay!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi