Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dadepfan

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for any help I receive! :rolleyes:

I have this 11-inch tall round bottle that I thought was painted on the outside, but it is not. When held up to the light it has an Army green tint to it. There appears to be no side seams on the body, but there are two seams running up the tapering shoulder, but these either fade out or wander off to the side on the neck (that's why I thought this was painted at first). The shoulder has a horizontal seam between it and the body, like it was attached. The finish appears to be a regular Brandy finish, but instead of a rounded ring below it looks like the bottom of a 2nd Brandy finish. The body tapers a little from the shoulder down to the base, and the bottom appears the be a "Sand pontil scar," but it is very deep. Nothing on this bottle is precise, even the top edge of the finish wavers up and down a little. There also might be some small slop-over on the finish, but at first I thought this was paint slop over! Applied finish? 1800s?

I am by no means a Bottle expert, so when i use the phrase "appears to be" please take it with a large grain of salt! I am attaching some pictures.

Thanks,
Dave

DMu2605_001.jpg DMu2605_003.jpg DMu2605_004.jpg

DMu2605_002.jpg DMu2605_005.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
British "black glass" 3-piece mold whiskey bottle from the early 1880's or thereabouts...maybe even late 1870's.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi