Busted Mini-Jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nhpharm

Reaction score
I went out digging this past Sunday...weather forecast for Galveston was a low of 82 and a high of 89...hot but doable. I knew it was going to be trouble when I pulled into my digging spot at 06:00 in the morning and my truck thermometer said it was 89. Darned meteorologists! I dug a pretty big hole and pulled out a pile of (mostly junk) bottles...lots of wines and English blackglass. I did dig a Warner's Safe Kidney & Liver Cure, a beautiful citron-colored slick, a Jeswbury & Brown pot lid, and a few other odds and ends. Nonetheless, I also pulled out this piece of a mini-jug...marked "205-S/Union". Anyone recognize it? I'm guessing 205 S. XX St., Union or Union City?? (maybe Tennessee or Kentucky?). I'm kinda happy it wasn't a local one as that would have been even more heartbreaking but I do love these mini-jugs. By the time I filled in my hole it was 94 degrees and I was plumb worn out!

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 100

nhpharm

Reaction score
Strange Porcelain Object

I also dug this...no idea what it could be. Not glazed on the underside and flat on the underside. Some stamps on it as seen (under the glaze) and a dash of dark green glaze as well. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 83

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp