Tic Tac beverages Toronto Ont bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
just noticed this bottle on ebay , can't recall seeing one before and definitely haven't found one .

says its for "Tic Tac " beverages limited toronto , only has 7 OZ on bottle so before that was changed here

anyone seen this bottle before ? or know more about it

tictac.jpgtictac1.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tic-Tac-Soda...709188?hash=item4b1fd6aa44:g:9MEAAOSwBiJZc-Uh

RCO

Reaction score
also found this listing when searching google

Canadian Trademarks Details Third-party information liability disclaimer Some of the information on this Web page has been provided by external sources. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely upon this information should consult directly with the source of the information. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
[h=2]0310221 - DRINK TIC-TAC & DESIGN[/h]

For assistance with terms, refer to the Glossary

Summary Information

Expand all Collapse all

Application/Registration numbers Help
Application number

Registration number
TMA162019

Status Help
CIPO status
EXPUNGED

Key Dates Help
Filed
1968-01-13

Registered
1969-04-03

Interested Parties Help
Registrant
TIC-TAC BEVERAGES LIMITED
215 Toryork Drive
Weston
ONTARIO

Representative for service
DARRELL DRAPER,
133 RICHMOND STREET WEST,
TORONTO,
ONTARIO M5H 2L3

Descriptive Reference Name
DRINK TIC-TAC & DESIGN

Type
Design Mark

Category
Trade-mark

RCO

Reaction score
it seems to indicate it existed in the late 60's in Toronto and that trademark has since expired , but its not clear if there is any connection between it and the more famous tic tac mints . or how long it actually operated for ?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool! I don't think I've ever seen an ACL with an ingredients list on the back like that before, have you? I've never heard of Tic-Tac, probably didn't last very long or if it did never became successful. I can't imagine that it has anything to do with the Tic Tac mints. According to Wikipedia Tic Tac mints were actually introduced in 1969, but weren't called Tic Tacs until 1970.

RCO

Reaction score
Cool! I don't think I've ever seen an ACL with an ingredients list on the back like that before, have you? I've never heard of Tic-Tac, probably didn't last very long or if it did never became successful. I can't imagine that it has anything to do with the Tic Tac mints. According to Wikipedia Tic Tac mints were actually introduced in 1969, but weren't called Tic Tacs until 1970.

I have no idea if there is a connection to the mints but it does seem unlikely . it also seems unlikely this bottler lasted very long or its bottles be more common

feel like I've seen ingredients before maybe on diet sodas from the 60's or 70's ? they'd seem like the type to list them

Leo

Reaction score
just noticed this bottle on ebay , can't recall seeing one before and definitely haven't found one .

says its for "Tic Tac " beverages limited toronto , only has 7 OZ on bottle so before that was changed here

anyone seen this bottle before ? or know more about it

View attachment 179299View attachment 179300

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tic-Tac-Soda...709188?hash=item4b1fd6aa44:g:9MEAAOSwBiJZc-Uh
Tic Tac was owned by 2 brothers-in-law. My father owned Zip Beverages and bottled Tic Tac at 215 Toryork Drive for 2 years before they moved out on their own. They moved to Oakdale Road in North York ( Toronto) at the corner of Eddystone Drive. They were a home delivery soft drink business bottling 30 Oz bottles. The 7 Oz bottles were for banquet halls, variety/corner stores , cafes and pool halls. In order to cut down their costs they moved back to 215 Toryork Drive a few years later only to go bankrupt some 4 years later.
The company only survived some 6 or so years. What made them different than all the other soft drink businesses at the time was that all their syrups and flavouring extracts were imported from Italy. They had excellent tasting soft drinks .

Leo

Reaction score
I have no idea if there is a connection to the mints but it does seem unlikely . it also seems unlikely this bottler lasted very long or its bottles be more common

feel like I've seen ingredients before maybe on diet sodas from the 60's or 70's ? they'd seem like the type to list them
No I can personally verify there is and never was a relationship between Tic Tac Beverages in Toronto and Tic Tac mints.

Reactions: RCO

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi