hood's sarsaparilla apothecaries bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sandchip

Reaction score
Speaking of arrowheads (and bottles), there's no telling what's gonna turn up after all these cataclysmic flood waters recede. Might be a silver lining to this mess after all.

adam.w.brymer

Reaction score
Speaking of arrowheads (and bottles), there's no telling what's gonna turn up after all these cataclysmic flood waters recede. Might be a silver lining to this mess after all.
Good point sandchip! I will be headed to Texas for Columbus day weekend and will have to check out a couple known sites. Yesterday I dug a piece of Payne's celery compound bottle. Slow going but at least it's something.
8a31347e9c5040fd4df1f807dcb143f8.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Hood's Sarsaparilla , Paine's Celery Compound, Electric Bitters and Hostetters Stomach Bitters bottles were among the first bottles I ever dug (that got me interested in bottles) in 1969 when I was 15. What really did it for me, though, was a weirdly shaped one called Bartlett's Dressing. Still at it all these years later.

adam.w.brymer

Reaction score
Hood's Sarsaparilla , Paine's Celery Compound, Electric Bitters and Hostetters Stomach Bitters bottles were among the first bottles I ever dug (that got me interested in bottles) in 1969 when I was 15. What really did it for me, though, was a weirdly shaped one called Bartlett's Dressing. Still at it all these years later.
Oh nice! Those were some good bottles to get started on. I started when I was about 12 years old when my little brother and I dug a privy that was filled between 1950-1975. Had to abandon the hole because it got so deep and unsafe. I doubt today's trash will ever be anyone's treasure.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1