lot clearing revealed a small dump ? and bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
I noticed this lot being cleared in one of the smaller towns I go swimming in , actually think they started a few weeks back so worried I might of checked it out too late . and stuff could of been destroyed or found already

when I drove on the small road behind the lot on a sunny day , I noticed the one area appeared to be filled with sparkling glass

so later on I checked it out and sure enough stuff was everywhere , so I grabbed a bag and filled it with anything bottle related and then sorted it when I got home . but after looking thru what I found didn't see anything interesting at all . a lot of ketchup , 2 plain green bottles and 2 broken milk jugs ( one appears to be from Hamilton, Ontario ) which seem odd as its not close by .

it appears they unearthed a small dump based on what I saw in the far corner of the lot , its also crazy muddy and not sure I want to go back until it dries out

20170820_200508.jpg20170820_201100.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah looks like a 1940's surface dump, probably not really worth too much exploration. I find that only the larger town dumps from that era ever have good stuff. Not really sure why that is.

Did you get pounded by those storms today? We got absolutely drenched here. There were warnings about tornadoes as well.

RCO

Reaction score
I searched this property on sunday night and it was really wet then , Monday was really nice , went swimming a few places but didn't find much . then Tuesday was all rain for most of the day

the smaller dumps don't seem to have much , unless you get lucky and find 1 or 2 nice bottles hidden among the junk , haven't even really seen any broken pop bottles so not sure I'd find anything I'm looking for here but I might go back anyways and poke around

RCO

Reaction score

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
No I've never seen that one, there seem to be a lot of Quebec soda bottles that don't show up often. I saw some amazing ones at a flea market the other day when I was in Montreal, including a green version of this: http://www.lesbouteilleduquebec.com/les-bouteilles-du-quebec-et-leurs-publicites/breuvages-radio/ that I was really tempted to buy, but I think he said it was $30, which is out of my price range for an area I don't seriously collect. I am a bit tempted to go back for it though. It's got one of the best graphics I've seen on a Quebec bottle, and from a very small town no less.

RCO

Reaction score
here is the broken Hamilton milk jug , not sure if pics are clear enough but clearly says " Hamilton " and maybe pure milk in next line

P8290003.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
I went back but didn't really find anything good , was a lot drier at least , found a few broken parts from milk jugs and crown jars . part of a key , some broken liquor bottles and certo mixer bottles but nothing really worth keeping , I did notice a really neat embankment nearby that might have potential but wait till leaves and plants die back a bit before going in and seeing if anything there

P8290001.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264