Finally got the Green Baker, Oregon druggist

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stephengray

Reaction score
I've been trying to get one of these for a while. I did not want a small size and the bigger sizes (6 oz. and up) always go for more than what I want to pay. (I'm stingy I guess). But, I got this 6 ounce one recently and only had to pay 30 for it. I thought that decent. If anybody has any green druggists for sale/trade let me know - please! drug_baker_green.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
30 bucks?! Wow that's a fantastic price! I've always wanted a green druggist bottle, and it's got that fantastic logo as well! Are these particularly common? I would have imagined any green druggist would cost a lot more than that.

botlguy

Reaction score
From my experience as a long time western US bottle collector, the green MUEGGE drug store bottles are not rare, I would consider them scarce at most. However, the value is high because the demand is high. Economics 101. Besides, Baker, Oregon wasn't a very big town in the late 1800s, early 1900s. I would pay a pretty high price for a 1/2 ounce example. I only have 1 green 1/2 oz., AKRON, Ohio, and only a few amber.
Jim S

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado