3 Rivers* Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Ryan and I am an avid collector of Three Rivers glass. If anyone has Three Rivers bottles that they would be interested in selling, please let me know! Today I searched long and hard through 3 antique stores before coming across a good find.
IMG_0934.jpg
Found 3 La Porte Beverages bottles, made for the La Porte Bottling Co. by the Three Rivers Glass Factory.

Again, any bottle with a 3 Rivers mark is a bottle that I'm interested in.:D

Thanks,
Ryan

Reactions: Roy
Reaction score
botlguy,

The Three Rivers Glass Factory has several different markings to note. Most commonly found will be a 3RIVERS* or 3R*. There are some bottles that will have written out Three Rivers* on it, most of those are milk bottles in my findings but i have found a soda bottle. There are also some odd markings that come into play when you come into the short period of the Ball takeover in December of 1937. Not wanting to put the Three Rivers mark on the bottles anymore, Ball used markings such as .......* and Ball*. I even have one bottle that is a missprint, that has 3RVIERS* on it, that i cherish. The bottles made at this factory were anything from plain jars and bottles to beer, milk, soda, and medicine bottles. Here are some photos of markings.
IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0657.jpg IMG_0804.jpgIMG_0751.jpg

Last edited:

botlguy

Reaction score
O K that helps a lot although I doubt I will run across any. I'm guessing these are from the Pittsburgh area, my favorite river name the Monongalia. I first heard it in an older Country song. I can remember the 2nd name, the Ohio but not the third. Good luck in your search.
Jim S

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Jim, the Three Rivers Glass Factory was actually located in south Texas, about an hour south of San Antonio.

Ryan, I run across Three Rivers glass from time to time being in east Texas, so I'll be on the lookout for you. Just out of curiosity, what's the city embossed on the heel of that Dr. Pepper bottle?

Reaction score
ACLbottles,
I would much appreciate the heads up next time you find a 3 Rivers* bottle. The Dr. Pepper is a Raised Letter 3 Rivers* made for New Braunfels, Tex.

dan Mattson

Reaction score
I have recently come across a three rivers bottle if interested please reply to this post.
thanks, Dan Mattson

Roaddog1

Reaction score
3 rivers

I have a embossed 3 rivers bottle, beautiful design embossed on it. Has Reid's bottling co.on side and wills point Texas. On the other. 8floz on bottom and 3 rivers on bottom edge

Attachments

• IMG_20180831_052344.jpg
    IMG_20180831_052344.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 269

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora