Favorite Texas Soda Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
I've come to the realization that I never posted MY OWN favorite soda bottle! I have quite a few soda bottles that are near and dear to my heart, but I would say I could narrow it down to two bottles. The first is an extremely rare Cactus design Dr. Pepper Bottling Co bottle made by the Three Rivers Glass Co for Nacogdoches, TX. It's sad its in the condition it's in, but like they say, "you don't have one till you have one!" My other favorite is in the middle of these bottles, it's referred to as a "Circle In Grid" variety. These bottles are pretty common in general, but finding one with a 3 Rivers* mark is very rare, and having Seguin, Texas on the bottom makes it even rarer. Such an odd but neat design, we know it held an orange soda. The other bottles in the picture are a Julep and an Orange Crush marked Jennings, LA, both 3 Rivers* bottles. cactus.jpgcircle in grid.jpg

Dr Pepper bottle man

Reaction score
I have 2 Dr Pepper 3Rivers bottles for trade.
They are the Dr Pepper transition bottles. Going from "embossed" to "debossed"
They are "debossed" but have Dr Pepper script on the bottom. One has Three Rivers on the bottom and the other bottle has 3R* in the curve on the bottom. I now they are special.
cctraydeers@comcast.net

Attachments

• DP 3 rivers.jpg
    DP 3 rivers.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 235
  • 2nd 3 rivers bottles.jpg
    2nd 3 rivers bottles.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 229

BARQS19

Reaction score
A Corpus Christi Texas Barq's Moon Glo if I could ever get my hands on one. A guy found a case of them a couple of years ago. Sold a few on ebay for $50 each and then disappeared.

BARQS19

Reaction score
I've come to the realization that I never posted MY OWN favorite soda bottle! I have quite a few soda bottles that are near and dear to my heart, but I would say I could narrow it down to two bottles. The first is an extremely rare Cactus design Dr. Pepper Bottling Co bottle made by the Three Rivers Glass Co for Nacogdoches, TX. It's sad its in the condition it's in, but like they say, "you don't have one till you have one!" My other favorite is in the middle of these bottles, it's referred to as a "Circle In Grid" variety. These bottles are pretty common in general, but finding one with a 3 Rivers* mark is very rare, and having Seguin, Texas on the bottom makes it even rarer. Such an odd but neat design, we know it held an orange soda. The other bottles in the picture are a Julep and an Orange Crush marked Jennings, LA, both 3 Rivers* bottles. View attachment 180201View attachment 180202

WOW What would that Cactus Dr. Pepper be worth complete?

BARQS19

Reaction score
My info is limited...but there seems to be about 3-4 variations, the "Here's How" slogan appeared around 1929 in newsprint ads....3 Rivers closed in 37. I would suspect there are several city bottles out there. A fellow collector has two not marked 3 Rivers...one has no city the other has Gulfport Miss. Another thing is mine seems to be a new variant as the H's are lower case h's on the "here's how".

I live 30 minutes from Gulfport and the only Orange Crush bottle I have seen from there was a Dr. Wright Root Beer bottled by Orange Crush in Gulfport. I've never seen any other bottles. We found the same Wright Root Beer bottle at the same time and it too was from Gulfport but it said bottled by Dr. Pepper so apparently it wasn't there for very long.

webe142

Reaction score
My favorite is this caveman hutch from Galveston. Runner up would be this blob. Canterbury & Curtis. It is a transition bottle as the Texas Bottling Works traded hands between the two gentlemen. Also, for some reason they anglicized the partners name. It is Cortes (which is how he list himself on all his other bottles) not Curtis. There are a couple of Texas codd. Bottles out there too, but I don't have a whole one to share.

Attachments

• 20211203_111317.jpg
    20211203_111317.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20211222_152505.jpg
    20211222_152505.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 68

Van

Reaction score
I'm very new to this forum and have not seen much discussion I can engage in so I thought this would be a good idea. Post your favorite Texas soda bottle here! Being from Three Rivers, Texas, my collection mostly consists of 3 Rivers* bottles. However, Three Rivers or not, I'd like to see and learn about some other great Texas soda bottles! Will be posting a favorite soon.
Eastland Texas , Coca-Cola bottling co.

Attachments

• 26E40F8A-5532-4AAE-A92F-749B24C8F5E2.jpeg
    26E40F8A-5532-4AAE-A92F-749B24C8F5E2.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members